Why isn't there an egg capsule object?

NotTheFinalDemo

Bri'ishchin
It's way too overcomplicated to have to set up an entire egg capsule with all that shit in zone builder. Why dont we just have one, simple, GOD DAMN egg capsule object?

Well...

attachment.php

https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=46501

I now see it was linked above, but the fact that I barely noticed means a GIF would be welcome.

If you actually meant "Why isn't there an object that is a 3D Egg Capsule"... that's because sprites can't behave like floors and ceilings... until 2.2.9 releases, that is. Even then, the capsule hitbox would be rectangular.

In S3&K, for some of the act 2 boss fights have an egg capsule that hovers down towards you from above. I can see why you would think that there should be an Egg Capsule object, because it would make sense in levels like ACZ3, instead of the capsule rise from the floor.

It's way too overcomplicated to have to set up an entire egg capsule with all that shit in zone builder. Why dont we just have one, simple, GOD DAMN egg capsule object?

The current sector-based setup for Egg Capsules I assume was created way back in Final Demo (which first came out in 2003), back when we didn't have nearly so many of the modding features as we have now. It may have literally been the only way the devs could think of pulling off an Egg Capsule in a decent-looking manner.

Of course nowadays (and nearly a whole decade later), an object-based egg capsule is now much more feasible to make.

The current sector-based setup for Egg Capsules I assume was created way back in Final Demo (which first came out in 2003), back when we didn't have nearly so many of the modding features as we have now. It may have literally been the only way the devs could think of pulling off an Egg Capsule in a decent-looking manner.

Of course nowadays (and nearly a whole decade later), an object-based egg capsule is now much more feasible to make.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but 2003 is closing on 20 years ago.

I know, I know, it's hard to comprehend such a thing.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back