Why is there an addon limit?

Holy s**t that's a huge increase
Post automatically merged:

Also I thought that the mod limit was removed because I never thought to put sixty-five thousand five hundred thirty-five files.
The limit is strictly for technical reasons. 65535 is the maximum number allowed in 32-bit operations.

In 32-bit operations :dramahog:

Well it's still a number of mods that can't be reached as the OS may complain before so it can be considered as removed

Holy s**t that's a huge increase
Post automatically merged:

Also I thought that the mod limit was removed because I never thought to put sixty-five thousand five hundred thirty-five files.
It essentially was removed because that’s the max number that can be read ingame

Edit: oh Cobalt already said that lmao

The limit is strictly for technical reasons. 65535 is the maximum number allowed in 32-bit operations.
Me on my way to load 65535 mods:
the-flash-flash.gif

I mean, if it was 32-bit, you could load 2 billion mods, but I think 65535 is effectively no limit still, LMAO.

2.2.10 has a bigger addon limit but skins are still capped at 32 according to changelog

For those wanting to load 65k mods. Good luck with that, because even if you found that many you will likely crash the game (either from running out of RAM or from the mods conflicting with each other).

What is the community record for loaded mods without breaking the game anyway?

For those wanting to load 65k mods. Good luck with that, because even if you found that many you will likely crash the game (either from running out of RAM or from the mods conflicting with each other).

At this point? Likely 1000.

i know what this is from 2022 but...
1708051365113.png

thats my list of addons, and i can load it with tsourdt3

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back