Why is it that my game progress resets depending on what config file I use?

PlatterTheFinch

Isn't this supposed to say "Member"?
I've recently found a problem with different cfg files being used in a single installation. I have 3 different cfg files for each of my controller mappings (so I don't have to go in and re-bind everything every time I use a different controller). However, each time I make a new cfg file, each of those files seem to have their own save data too. All of my main-game save files remain intact, but I really don't want to keep re-collecting all the emblems that didn't transfer over. Is there any way I can work around this??
Also, I'm using .bat files to start each different configuration, I'm not renaming files or doing it directly from the command line

So, I took a look into my SRB2 directory, expecting to find different .dat files for each batch file I was using, but nothing stuck out to me. These are all the .dat files I could find:
-gamedata.dat
-gpz1.dat
-models.dat
-ntf-1-0.dat
-unins000.dat
None of the subdirectories yielded any results either. I even looked inside the cfg files themselves, but couldn't find any settings about writing to different files.

So, I took a look into my SRB2 directory, expecting to find different .dat files for each batch file I was using, but nothing stuck out to me. These are all the .dat files I could find:
-gamedata.dat
-gpz1.dat
-models.dat
-ntf-1-0.dat
-unins000.dat
None of the subdirectories yielded any results either. I even looked inside the cfg files themselves, but couldn't find any settings about writing to different files.
That looks normal. Could I see some of the .bat files in question?

The one that I'm currently using consists of this:

@Echo off
srb2win.exe -config xbox.cfg

The only other one I have is just the same thing but with the destination filename switched out:

@Echo off
srb2win.exe -config n64.cfg

I just recently figured out that I don't even need to use .bat files; I could just create a script with a series of setcontrol commands and load them as necessary. This is also better because it won't mess with my other settings.
Don't be like me. Be smart.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back