Why does 2.0 of srb2 feel so nostalgic when it older than me

SonicFam1991

I love all of ya ❤️
so for some ode reason I was watching a long play of srb2 2.0 and oh god it looks beautiful it still is but it not that type of beautiful not to be rude but it just hits different not this is also BEACUSE when I was younger I would watch the custom Steve Sonic vid with the over dramatic shaders and when I watch I felt nostalgia that makes sense I knew that same with Sonic gdk noted I’m 14 I and I’m lucky mostly Gen Z thank the god ya but here where we got bigger balls to make here I never thought of 2.0 of srb2 I’m pretty sure 2.1 even came out before I was born so why the hell is it so nostalgic is because I I see some nostalgic i feel it now to be honest one of favorite models in the game is one from 2.1 aka jeck jims sonic model and it also has fixes noted it not available so no asking for it NO but that the really old srb2 shit I use why CUZ JECK JIMS THE GOAT WITH LOW POLY MODELS MAN THE GOAT but yea that it has this every happen to you cuz this happened a lot anyways im tired af I need to go to bed I’m been up working on a concepts for possibly new sprites for a mod 👀 anyways love ya ❤️
 

Attachments

  • 2026_10_06_0mi_Kleki.png
    2026_10_06_0mi_Kleki.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it has to deal with the fact that, when we check something 'ancient', we are focusing on a single piece of history (& glory on this case since SRB2 is awesome xd), so we kinda forget about the possible stressful situations lived on these times from different situations that might be (or not) related to the topic we're paying attention to

With SRB2 having a huge development history of almost 3 decades already, i think it's no surprise that this kind of game produces that nostalgia effect (i think it's called "Anemoia"? idk)--- the game is so fun & it's beautiful to look at its history, and how it has kept progressing and bringing so much positive experiences to a big amount of people, even despite all the struggles it might have gone through

Also, social media & the whole "FOMO" effect might have an influence on this too---
 
it could also just be a wave of memories coming back for example for me i get nostalgia playing 2.0 and 2.1 cuz when i was younger i used to watch videos on mods and stuff
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back
Top