Why are there so many Sonics?

Is this thread made to ask for an Adventure Sonic mod?

Also Modern Sonic is already made so you already have him.
This thread was never made to ask for mods. He was literally asking the simple question that is: “Why are there so many Sonic’s?” I thought it was pretty clear after your first response that this is what the post was about.

It's pretty obvious that the thread was never made to ask for mods. OP simply mentioned they were excited for mods that are currently WIP partway through the thread, which is on topic.

Also, Modern Sonic and Adventure Sonic are different in terms of gameplay. Modern Sonic has the Boost, Stomp, and Slide. Adventure Sonic has the Spindash (and somersault + bounce if you count SA2).

Also, Modern Sonic and Adventure Sonic are different in terms of gameplay. Modern Sonic has the Boost, Stomp, and Slide. Adventure Sonic has the Spindash (and somersault + bounce if you count SA2).
Blur’s Adventure Sonic is an amalgamation of SA, SA2, and Heroes, so he’ll have moves from all three games. We’re leaning towards not having any sort of 06 in there because it falls in a weird gray area between Dreamcast and Modern Era

Blur’s Adventure Sonic is an amalgamation of SA, SA2, and Heroes, so he’ll have moves from all three games. We’re leaning towards not having any sort of 06 in there because it falls in a weird gray area between Dreamcast and Modern Era
You know I like how Sonic '06 controls. He's really tight.

I know you believe that modern Sonic and classic Sonic have a clear-cut, black-and-white divide, but at the very least you shouldn't insist that adventure-era and boost-era Sonic have exactly the same gameplay, or even close to the same gameplay. SA1 and SA2 differ significantly from the boost games in Sonic's gameplay, and even somewhat from each other. Those games have a 3D implementation of the spindash very different from in SRB2, rather than the boost or anything like that.

I know you believe that modern Sonic and classic Sonic have a clear-cut, black-and-white divide, but at the very least you shouldn't insist that adventure-era and boost-era Sonic have exactly the same gameplay, or even close to the same gameplay. SA1 and SA2 differ significantly from the boost games in Sonic's gameplay, and even somewhat from each other. Those games have a 3D implementation of the spindash very different from in SRB2, rather than the boost or anything like that.
It's not me who "believed" about that clear cut, it's Sega who officially said that Adventure 1 was when Modern Sonic appeared for the first time in the series.

It's not me who "believed" about that clear cut, it's Sega who officially said that Adventure 1 was when Modern Sonic appeared for the first time in the series.
Source?
Also the point still stands that "Modern Sonic" plays differently in the Adventure games than he does in the boost formula.

I feel like there are many sonics because of peoples passion, a lot of people have made sonic mods and like a few people said a few messages they resemble sonic from different eras, Mostly there are a bunch of Sonics just because people feel like making more sonics, I mean he is the main character so to see a bunch of him isn't a surprise at all. Some of the Sonics resemble the modern era, classic era, dreamcast era, etc.

Overall the point is There are so many sonics because it's peoples passion to make one and for others to enjoy as well, I mean a lot of them are good and really fun to play so I understand why it would motivate other people to try and make a different type of sonic themself.

P.S. Adventure Sonic Is Back In Progress so YES

The first time Sonic was considered Modern was in Generations so that there was a distinction between him and Classic Sonic. The Sonic in Sonic 1 is Modern Sonic if he never gets taken by the Time Eater. The Sonic in Sonic 1 is also Classic Sonic if he does get taken by the Time Eater. This shouldn’t be a hard concept to understand

The first time Sonic was considered Modern was in Generations so that there was a distinction between him and Classic Sonic. The Sonic in Sonic 1 is Modern Sonic if he never gets taken by the Time Eater. The Sonic in Sonic 1 is also Classic Sonic if he does get taken by the Time Eater. This shouldn’t be a hard concept to understand
Even regardless of this, the Modern Sonic mod more represents the Boost formula gameplay. This isn't the gameplay of the Adventure era which is being replicated.

The Sonic in Sonic 1 is Modern Sonic if he never gets taken by the Time Eater. The Sonic in Sonic 1 is also Classic Sonic if he does get taken by the Time Eater. This shouldn’t be a hard concept to understand
In terms of timelines, there's only one Sonic native to any particular timeline so yes, if you are referring to the Modern Timeline then even back in Sonic 1, 2, 3, etc. it's still Modern Sonic. However, there is still a clear cut difference between "Modern Sonic" and "Classic Sonic" in terms of character design. Personally, I feel like this is true between Adventure Era Sonic and the Modern Sonic we are familiar with today, but not as drastically as the difference between Modern and Classic.

Jumping from Classic to Adventure and Adventure to Modern in terms of gameplay though is about the same. Adventure Era Sonic has a much wider moveset compared to Classic Sonic, and Modern Sonic has more or less a moveset just as large and yet nonetheless different.
The first time Sonic was considered Modern was in Generations so that there was a distinction between him and Classic Sonic.
This is when the whole marketing trend started, yes. Classic Sonic was named as such in Super Smash Bros Brawl as a sticker though, iirc. So the distinction between the art styles does go back a little bit earlier.

I don't want to start a debate in there but I think you got mistaken.

One of the major thing is that the Sonic we got to see on the Dreamcast (Green eyes, longer quills, has a voice, a taller and lankier figure) is officially Modern Sonic.

I don't remember when but I still remember Tracker showing a pic of the design of Sonic over the era with Modern starting in 1998.

You can still talk about the "Dreamcast/Adventure era" (from Adventure to Heroes/Shadow) but Modern Sonic was already there.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back