Whose got the best Avatar Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiMinitaur

Profiles, not the show.

Obviously mine is pretty cool, but that dude with the This is Sparta! geography map has it going on. Mystic's isn't bad either considering its a screenshot (I assume).

Blue Fighter or whoever's is sort cool too, in a indie game kind of way. Of course even if I didn't like it, I'd I have to say I do since we're friends now that we've had a low stakes confrontational exchange on the internet and worked through it. I really feel like the relationship is getting serious, but I think he's sort of reluctant to commit, not that that matters. Regardless, I do like his pic, and I'm not just saying that because I would even if I didn't.

Some could definitely use some work.

No offense to your personalities guys, but I think sonic comics and cartoons are the second lowest form of entertainment (2nd only of course to the hour of Charm School and New York has a Job (or whatever) that my girlfriends roommate TIVO's every week and watches when I'm trying to get my South Park on ARGGGG!), so I'm gonna fail any avatar that's a cartoon sonic.

Original Sprites is a'ight.

Sonic 2 gets point for maintaining character as well

Eh, I don't find a use for this topic. It's not like an avatar's quality is of any importance; avatars are mainly used for identification.

(Can we even make these topics in GD anyways?)

Respect for persona influences discussion, so I think its only fair that we get the bad blood out in the air.

Perhaps you find it more relevant if I commented that I think Birdo is an excellent choice for an avatar.

He's got cool background music, and requires dexterity and precision to conquer, especially in tight places. That's a bold statement about yourself, and I for one am impressed.

There is, however, the whole hopeful transexual subtext though, was that intentional? Were you unaware? As far as I'm aware, that portion was never retconned. It was more of a, don't ask don't tell, let's pretend we never said that kind of thing. Perhaps you should switch to a cyberdemon to protect your alpha male status.

tl;dr Chrispy called me out on talking to much with a rhetorical question that I used as an excuse to talk to much. He still gets a good avatar vote from me.

Chrispy said:
Are all of your posts walls of useless text?

Dude calling out authentic transexual video game canon is not useless, its epic.

Seriously though... While I'm sure you're not alone in your opinion, I assure you I choose the text with care, and try ensure that nestled within is one of three things:

1) something I find funny that is relevant by a stretch
2) my real answer
3) an obfuscated musing about something obscure that would only have a chance of being recognized by people who frequent message boards devoted to a fan game that merges two archaic video game franchises.

That said, I find your post interesting because it proves what I was just saying.

I consider this thread worthy on the grounds that is both unconventional and bears relevance to the dynamics of the discussion of the forum.

You however, threw up a quick insult.

Now from anybody else, I'd be tempted to get offended and judge you as a lesser being, especially since your post is not even related to a reply to the original topic.

Your avatar, however, softened my judgment, and actually made me question my own ways. Further analysis reminded me that I really don't care what you think, because I find myself hilarious, but that doesn't negate the fact that your avatar had an important role to play in how I considered your statement.

Ironically, it was this validation of the relevance of my threads topic that invalidated the gravity of your statement as it applies to me and the relevance of my posts in my mind.

CRISPY's AVATAR: TWO THUMBS UP (plus bonus points for nearly causing a paradox)

Just because you use larger words doesn't mean you are better than me. I wasn't really insulting you, I was just stating that your posts are unnecessarily large. I don't want to spend a chunk of my time reading your posts just to realize that it could have been said simpler. Large words may make it look like you have a large vocabulary or that you're intelligent, but there's a reason that there are words and phrases that make things easier and quicker to say and read.

Chrispy said:
Just because you use larger words doesn't mean you are better than me. I wasn't really insulting you, I was just stating that your posts are unnecessarily large.

True and True.

perhaps you'll enjoy my briefer quip here instead.
http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?p=332505#332505

or my delightful musings on piracy and intimacy here
http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=17835#332478

While I feel many things take a certain amount of space to be said properly, hereto, in honor of you sir, I shall include tl;dr's in my lengthy posts so you can rest assured you miss nothing of relevance.

Um, tl;dr, or something. I'm just lazy, really.

Mystic's old avatar was frankly a lot better than his new one, and I'm really not saying that out of nostalgia. To be honest, I see his new one as a dull polygon that somewhat blends into the background, whereas his old one was clean and crisp and had somewhat of... a personality to it, I suppose you could say.

This avatar I have currently is an animated one of my own character, doing what he does best. Nothing. I generally make my own avatars, and I think this one has fit so well that I really haven't bothered to replace it for probably half a year now. Of course, I don't draw a whole lot, so I guess that's part of the reasoning.

tl;dr Mystics avatar is a crackhead and he should make some adjustments

Yeah, the whole polygon things a little dull, but the eyes have a lot of personality. It reminds me of this meth-head 7-11 nightshifter near my friends house. Her eyes just never let up and somehow, in a creepy way, its sort of endearing.

It'd be better if Mystic gave her a flaming aura and made her dance around like a maniac on a plateau while blinking periodically and then he animated some scrolling clouds in the background.

Who cares if you have the best avatar anyway? This seems like "rate the user's avatar" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back