Who wants the old Sonic back?

rocklight124

An Avenger
I miss the good old days where Sonic was cool like in the Adventure era and well everything before Sonic colors. He was cool and had this sense of Veteran hero to him. He was wise and powerful, and I'm not just talking his speed. His ability to talk a big bad down without punching them in the face. I really don't like how he became a walking meme Sonic Colors and beyond. I just want the guy that says "What you see is what you get. I'm just a guy who loves adventure. I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!". Give me Sonic The Hedgehog back.

I miss the good old days where Sonic was cool like in the Adventure era and well everything before Sonic colors. He was cool and had this sense of Veteran hero to him. He was wise and powerful, and I'm not just talking his speed. His ability to talk a big bad down without punching them in the face. I really don't like how he became a walking meme Sonic Colors and beyond. I just want the guy that says "What you see is what you get. I'm just a guy who loves adventure. I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!". Give me Sonic The Hedgehog back.
I'm sorry to break it for you but it's still the same modern Sonic we got since 1998 to this day.

But on the other hand Classic Sonic has been really mishandled by Sega and the Sonic Team to the point where people are hating him in an undeserved way (blame Sega, not Classic fans nor Classic Sonic).

I'm sorry to break it for you but it's still the same modern Sonic we got since 1998 to this day.

But on the other hand Classic Sonic has been really mishandled by Sega and the Sonic Team to the point where people are hating him in an undeserved way (blame Sega, not Classic fans nor Classic Sonic).
I get what you mean, but I mean his personality. I mean Look at Colors and then look at Sonic Unleashed. He's almost a completely different character.

I get what you mean, but I mean his personality. I mean Look at Colors and then look at Sonic Unleashed. He's almost a completely different character.
That’s because of the writers. They’ve been fired and won’t be writing for the series anymore
Post automatically merged:

I agree on this part. It really did come down to a super poor choice of words from Tails. I think if Tails had said alternate timeline rather than other dimension, some of the confusion would’ve been cleared up. They could’ve also done a whole lot more with his role in Forces if the story had been a lot better. I could definitely see Classic Sonic helping Tails grieve over the death of Modern Sonic (who wasn’t really dead, but Tails thought he was) and we maybe could’ve even seen Tails as a partner to Classic Sonic in a way that resembles the Classic games to further expand upon the 3D-Classic hybrid gameplay.

That’s because of the writers. They’ve been fired and won’t be writing for the series anymore
Post automatically merged:

I agree on this part. It really did come down to a super poor choice of words from Tails. I think if Tails had said alternate timeline rather than other dimension, some of the confusion would’ve been cleared up. They could’ve also done a whole lot more with his role in Forces if the story had been a lot better. I could definitely see Classic Sonic helping Tails grieve over the death of Modern Sonic (who wasn’t really dead, but Tails thought he was) and we maybe could’ve even seen Tails as a partner to Classic Sonic in a way that resembles the Classic games to further expand upon the 3D-Classic hybrid gameplay.
Man I really don't like Sonic Forces it just made me miss the good old days. Really hate how Tails is written and hate Sonic in Forces, and pretty much everything else. Sonic Forces might be my breaking point.

Man I really don't like Sonic Forces it just made me miss the good old days. Really hate how Tails is written and hate Sonic in Forces, and pretty much everything else. Sonic Forces might be my breaking point.
Like I said, the writers have left the series. Hopefully we get more competent writers like Ian Flynn

I'm fine with Modern Sonic, I just want him to shut the fuck up lol, like seriously he talks way too much to the point of being so cringey at times, he can work, Sonic Team just needs to not go overboard with his cocky attitude.

I'm fine with Modern Sonic, I just want him to shut the fuck up lol, like seriously he talks way too much to the point of being so cringey at times, he can work, Sonic Team just needs to not go overboard with his cocky attitude.
Agreed, sometimes actions tell more than words.

I want the style from Adventure-Unleashed back, but done right. Cutscenes with animations that have life to them rather than today's stiff robots, consistent canon, new characters that don't suck (I guess Sticks and the new IDW characters are okay, but I mean more mainline game series), etc.

Only agreed in tails point
But I think the other elements was fine
Sonic and his friends try to save the world
The same thing in every game !
The writers did all their best on the story but I think as bout tails that they didn't take a look at SA and SA2 scripts

i will be honest, when forces came around, sonic stopped being a character that liked to say inspirational things. which was more in the classic era, but it still happened, just less when the modern era came around. sonic was kinda that sonic in 06'! but when colors/unleashed came around, sonic became a little more sarcastic. WAY more sarcastic than he already was. he seemed to get more sarcastic with every game since then! i used to brush it off, but sonic was kinda a ego-maniac in forces. so i agree. we need that sonic back.

Sometimes I wish to see Saturn-era Sonic again but everyone knows that it won't be possible as Classic Sonic already came to be in Generations and Forces.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back