Whirlwind Passive

Whirlwind Passive v1.1

CloneFighter

Mediocre Lua scripter
antonretrojr submitted a new resource:

Whirlwind Passive - Whooshing out of a pit like

There's a post on the Suggestions thread regarding a passive ability for the Whirlwind Shield:
When a player falls into a bottomless pit with the Whirlwind Shield equipped, they get bounced up like a red spring but loose the shield in the process.

This would help new players out by giving them a 2nd chance while professional players can purposely use the recovery bounce to...

Read more about this resource...

you literally lose the shield in the process, how is that imbalanced lol
It's still is overpowered for one simple reason: bottomless pits are supposed to be instant kill traps in most videogames (even more often than lava).

It's still is overpowered for one simple reason: bottomless pits are supposed to be instant kill traps in most videogames (even more often than lava).
However, some certain platformers DO have power-ups that grant a form of bottomless pit immunity. Say hi, Mega Man 7! If you're going to factor in all other platformers, also factor in ones with a similar concept.

It's also a once-a-time thing, so I'd argue it's not as overpowered. I DO see where you ARE coming from, though.

However, some certain platformers DO have power-ups that grant a form of bottomless pit immunity. Say hi, Mega Man 7! If you're going to factor in all other platformers, also factor in ones with a similar concept.

It's also a once-a-time thing, so I'd argue it's not as overpowered. I DO see where you ARE coming from, though.
Games with that kind of power-up are really uncommon (even to this day) but I guess that it's reminiscent of SRB2 Xmas' easy mode where you bounced back from bottomless pits.

SRB2 may virtually have infinite lives but I can get that it's frustrating to fall into a pit.

this and monitor storage got me past prismatic angel zone act 2 elemental shield section with WS s3 chars sonic and tails

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back