Which one is more broken to you. Sonic Adventure, Adventure 2, or '06?

rocklight124

An Avenger
Which one is more broken to you. Sonic Adventure, Adventure 2, or '06? Because let's be honest they are all broken and I think it's about time someone brought it up. Sonic '06 doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. The Adventure era is quite broken, and I'm kinda tired of the nostalgia card.

Adventure 1 isn't even that broken. When anyone ever shows that part where Sonic clips through the loop at Emerald Coast, it's always the DX version. 06 is literally the most broken one out of all three

Mostly SA DX had more flaws than the original dreamcast. In final egg you could see sonic falling and you lose a life even though he lands perfectly fine and able to jump, the obvious loop bug in emerald coast, cutscene bugs etc. So in all honesty the game isn't broken in the slightest even with the bugs I just pointed out, but if you were trying to decide which to play, I would suggest the dreamcast version or DX on PC since the PC has major improvements.

Mostly SA DX had more flaws than the original dreamcast. In final egg you could see sonic falling and you lose a life even though he lands perfectly fine and able to jump, the obvious loop bug in emerald coast, cutscene bugs etc. So in all honesty the game isn't broken in the slightest even with the bugs I just pointed out, but if you were trying to decide which to play, I would suggest the dreamcast version or DX on PC since the PC has major improvements.
I'm just curios about everyone's opinion on which game is more broken for them. I've played all of them.

Sonic 06 without a doubt. If you think about it, all the games are broken, just look at speedruns of the classic games, but Sonic 06 is broken to a point where it's hard to play. SA1 and 2 are a little bit broken, the camera is pretty bad and sometimes I think Sonic is difficult to control, but it doesn't compare to Sonic 06

Sonic '06 doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. The Adventure era is quite broken, and I'm kinda tired of the nostalgia card.
I agree about the nostalgia card being overused when it comes to the Adventure era but I still disagree, Sonic 2006 deserved all the hate and still deserves to be hated as long as the Sonic franchise and Sega are continuing to exist.

I agree about the nostalgia card being overused when it comes to the Adventure era but I still disagree, Sonic 2006 deserved all the hate and still deserves to be hated as long as the Sonic franchise and Sega are continuing to exist.
I get the hate, but when people start saying things that also applies to the Adventure era. Like Windy valley one of the most broken levels in Adventure, and to add to that Green forest gave me a lot of problems. Like when Sonic doesn't want to grab the vines, or how he'll go peering off the stage, because you were moving too past.

I get the hate, but when people start saying things that also applies to the Adventure era. Like Windy valley one of the most broken levels in Adventure, and to add to that Green forest gave me a lot of problems. Like when Sonic doesn't want to grab the vines, or how he'll go peering off the stage, because you were moving too past.
Windy Valley is also a stage that had a huge change from the beta (search about Beta Windy Valley, Sonic Adventure's prototype history is just fascinating) so this may explain why it's broken.

As for Green Forest I'm sorry but I've never encountered any glitches there (and I did the DC, GC and HD versions of the game).

Windy Valley is also a stage that had a huge change from the beta (search about Beta Windy Valley, Sonic Adventure's prototype history is just fascinating) so this may explain why it's broken.

As for Green Forest I'm sorry but I've never encountered any glitches there (and I did the DC, GC and HD versions of the game).
Hm I must be extremely unlucky, because when I try to spin attack in Adventure 2 I will fly off of the stage. Oh and Rail grinding when going to fast I almost always clip through the rail.

Hm I must be extremely unlucky, because when I try to spin attack in Adventure 2 I will fly off of the stage. Oh and Rail grinding when going to fast I almost always clip through the rail.
Which spin attack? The regular one?
And I forgot that there were some rails in that stage, I've always found them a bit wonky in it.

I mean, regardless of if Sonic '06 deserves the hate, it is objectively the most broken from a technical level. I tend not to throw around the work "objectively" very often but, I think in this case it's justified.

Chezi

Adventure 1 isn't even that broken. When anyone ever shows that part where Sonic clips through the loop at Emerald Coast, it's always the DX version. 06 is literally the most broken one out of all three​

the emerald coast loop erorr is not sadx's fault and only occurs in dreamcast version if you play in emulator due to problems with the emulation

It... is because of SADX. No one is using emulation to judge a game
Well.....I wouldn't say that -nobody- is I've seen some really wierd takes. But, you are probably right as far as this forum goes. I can't imagine anyone here holding an emulation against the actual game.

Well.....I wouldn't say that -nobody- is I've seen some really wierd takes. But, you are probably right as far as this forum goes. I can't imagine anyone here holding an emulation against the actual game.
Yeah, cause at that point it’s a problem with the emulator, not the game. That’s like saying Mario 64 is a broken game when you tilt the cartridge

Yeah, cause at that point it’s a problem with the emulator, not the game. That’s like saying Mario 64 is a broken game when you tilt the cartridge
Well, the other problem with claiming the game is broken when you tilt the cartridge, is tilting the cartridge is fun. 😉

Broken games can still be fun. People find fun in 06 because of its brokenness
You are absolutely right. That's why I set aside the opinions of if it was worthy of hate or not. Cause, there are certainly many people who get alot of enjoyment out of the game. So, determining which game is more enjoyable is subjective. But, in terms of which one is most broken, I mean the only Sonic game that dares to challenge Sonic '06, is Sonic Boom.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back