Which Console should I play Next Gen Sonic on?

Which Console should I get for Sonic The Hedgehog (Next Gen)?

• Don't even buy the game!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 3!!!

• Xbox 360!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first, I was going to buy it for the ps3, but then my friend showed me something cool about the XBOX 360, Updates! With updates you can fix glitches in the game, add more levels and even new characters or weapons!! After that, I said screw PS3 and thier high prices, they suck, all they care about is acessories and etc. To me, the Xbox 360 wins for Next-Gen. This is what im getting.

Bigboi, the main issue with that is that personally, I have no need for a Blu-Ray player, at all. I have no HDTV, I have an ancient TV that get this: does not have AV ports. I wire video game systems through the VCR.

Now, as a person with ancient technology with a TV where DVD and VHS difference, while noticable, aren't something to worry about, why would I ever want a Blu-Ray player? If someone wanted to buy a Blu-Ray player, the PS3 is a cheap, great alternative with a video game system added in. However, to me, the PS3 is a video game system with an overpriced, useless addon I have no need for added in. The "it's cheap for a Blu-Ray player" argument is completely irrelevant if it's a useless feature for me.

I agree that some of the bashing is stupid, and a lot of it is misguided, but complaining about the price is a perfectly rational backlash because, frankly, the price IS overkill for a video game system, which is what they're primarily trying to say it is.

Well, I do guess I am a tad biased because I own an HDTV. But Mystic, you say you don't need a Blu-Ray player, right? Well, you sure as hell don't need to play video games, either, do you?

Your entire argument there is flawed, Bigboi.

I get a tangible benefit from buying the latest video game hardware because of new games, better graphics, and new controllers and features. I want video game consoles to play, shockingly, video games, and that's the whole point of buying the console for me.

However, I get NO tangible benefit from a Blu-Ray drive. I do, however, get tangible LOSS from high definition media. It costs more. Across the board. I don't want a Blu-Ray drive. I don't want a HD-DVD player. I don't need them. They won't look any better than DVDs on my TV, and they cost more, both for the player and for the discs. Even if I HAD a Blu-Ray drive I wouldn't buy Blu-Ray discs because DVDs are cheaper.

Including this "feature" with the console makes the deal look worse, because the "feature" is useless and makes the console cost an insane amount of money. If you, for some reason, WANT a Blu-Ray drive, the PS3 is a great purchase that is far under the cost of the current alternatives. However, I want a video game console, and $600 is about twice as much as I'm willing to pay for ANY video game console. Personally, I thought the X-Box 360 was far too expensive for a video game console. Never MIND the Playstation 3.

Mystic said:
I have no HDTV, I have an ancient TV that get this: does not have AV ports. I wire video game systems through the VCR.
Incidentally, the first two points are true of me, too, although I don't have a VCR around to hook the Saturn up through. RF cable, see.

I'm getting the PC version, I still have this nice and shiny PCIe slot ready to hold a powerful graphics card. With about £500 (At the most), I could get this computer to run that game with no problem, I'm sure of it.

I have a PCI-E slot too. Two of them, even. One's already occupied with a 7600 GT, though, and I'm not planning on using the other right now (SLI is overrated).

PC4WIN. NO WAY am I, a college student with little more than an hour spare each WEEK, and a job that pays roughly minimum wage - Maine style, going to buy any console more recent or more expensive than a Game Gear. Besides, a PC can do pretty much anything any console can do, plus more - it's just more expensive, gets outdated quickly, and is generally ignored by many gaming companies. So, I'm standing with PC on this matter. I just hope the rumors are true, and that NextGen IS heading to PC in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back