• SSNtails

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mystic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omega the Hedgehog said:
SSN always has the most fantastic avatars around the board. Plus the pace at which he swaps them out makes things quite a bit more interesting in the long run.
I swap mine around alot too, you should see how fast I swap some of mine on MSN :P.

Personally I keep mine the same very intentionally. It takes a lot for me to change an avatar, especially after I've had it this long.

Draykon said:
Yeah, 'cause ya can't find one within' the crazy limits.
I don't know about you, but I'm perfectly happy with the JPEG format. A 128x128 resolution image file doesn't have to be high quality.

It would, but it's not necessary. It's just an avatar. The original full image it comes from is 472 KB. That thing is beautiful, but it's a 1024x768 JPEG. I really don't understand why everyone is such whiners about something as simple as a filesize restriction. Compression is your friend. Use it. If that compression sucks too much, lower your resolution to compensate. I remember using 64x64 images and they looked fine. Be creative. I love how everyone is infinitely creative getting pictures but only whine when they find about the 10 KB limit. Look at some of the crazy stuff AJ has done with it. That's all in 10 KB. If he can make multiple frame 128x128 animated GIFs and other insane stuff, you can get a picture in there.

Mystic said:
It would, but it's not necessary. It's just an avatar. The original full image it comes from is 472 KB. That thing is beautiful, but it's a 1024x768 JPEG. I really don't understand why everyone is such whiners about something as simple as a filesize restriction. Compression is your friend. Use it. If that compression sucks too much, lower your resolution to compensate. I remember using 64x64 images and they looked fine. Be creative. I love how everyone is infinitely creative getting pictures but only whine when they find about the 10 KB limit. Look at some of the crazy stuff AJ has done with it. That's all in 10 KB. If he can make multiple frame 128x128 animated GIFs and other insane stuff, you can get a picture in there.
I've been meaning to ask, exactly who IS AJ? And while I'm asking offtopic questions, why are you logged in as a hidden user, yet still posting? Isn't the whole idea behind hidden users to keep people from knowing you're online?

Draykon said:
And while I'm asking offtopic questions, why are you logged in as a hidden user, yet still posting? Isn't the whole idea behind hidden users to keep people from knowing you're online?
You just answered your own question.

FuriousFox said:
Draykon said:
And while I'm asking offtopic questions, why are you logged in as a hidden user, yet still posting? Isn't the whole idea behind hidden users to keep people from knowing you're online?
You just answered your own question.
Not really, my question was why is Mystic posting while he's hidden. Which hasn't been answered.

....So what? Graf Zahl on the ZDoom Forums is hidden, yet he posts like...I dunno when...but it sure is very fast sometimes! :P

Because maybe I'm tired of logging into the forums and getting 15 people suddenly ask me something over IRC?

Mystic said:
Because maybe I'm tired of logging into the forums and getting 15 people suddenly ask me something over IRC?

Too bad everyone will now just bother you over IRC whenever they see that one user is "hidden."(I'm not saying I would/anyone should do that, but if someone other then you is logged in "hidden," you might get loaded with PMs).

Draykon said:
I've been meaning to ask, exactly who IS AJ? And while I'm asking offtopic questions, why are you logged in as a hidden user, yet still posting? Isn't the whole idea behind hidden users to keep people from knowing you're online?

You...Defy the Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back