Where's the SRB2/SRB2K mod folders (Debian)

NXX99

I may sound like I'm asking a question that was already answered, but the answer I found for this question was for openSUSE, not Debian (I use Ubuntu so it's Debian basically). I also use flatpak, but there's no app folder in .var, which I assume is because I'm using Ubuntu, a Debian based distro, and not openSUSE.

if you're asking where you should put the mods that you've downloaded...just put them wherever. It doesn't matter.
Most installations of the game will include an "addons" folder that you can put all your mods into. They'll also include a "DOWNLOAD" folder, for mods that were automatically downloaded from the Master Server.
But the truth is, if you just want to load your own mods, you can just put them in the same directory as SRB2, or a subdirectory thereof. This is because, when you start up SRB2's addons menu, it defaults to the same directory that SRB2 is in. I'd recommend you use the "addons" folder though, since it's cleaner to do it that way.
All of this applies to SRB2Kart as well.

if you're asking where you should put the mods that you've downloaded...just put them wherever. It doesn't matter.
Most installations of the game will include an "addons" folder that you can put all your mods into. They'll also include a "DOWNLOAD" folder, for mods that were automatically downloaded from the Master Server.
But the truth is, if you just want to load your own mods, you can just put them in the same directory as SRB2, or a subdirectory thereof. This is because, when you start up SRB2's addons menu, it defaults to the same directory that SRB2 is in. I'd recommend you use the "addons" folder though, since it's cleaner to do it that way.
All of this applies to SRB2Kart as well.
like, what's the name of the directory, and how do I access it?

Usually it's called "SRB2 v2.2", and it depends on where you chose to install the game to. If you have a shortcut to the game file, the right-click menu usually has an option to go to that file's directory.

you could place the addon WAD/pk3 files in:
/usr/local/share/games/SRB2/addons
/usr/local/games/SRB2/addons
/usr/share/games/SRB2/addons
/usr/games/SRB2/addons

you could set the base search path via the SRB2WADDIR environment variable

ref: https://git.do.srb2.org/STJr/SRB2/-/blob/SRB2_release_2.2.11/src/sdl/i_system.c?ref_type=tags#L146
Post automatically merged:

also, it seem that the flatpak package store data in $home/.var/app/org.srb2.SRB2/.srb2

addon WAD/pk3 files can be copied over to $home/.var/app/org.srb2.SRB2/.srb2/addons

ref: https://github.com/flathub/org.srb2...c8dfe6ab0332165dd559f9/org.srb2.SRB2.yaml#L13

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back