Where should I put SRB2's install folder?

IsquIdy

When I download and install the game, the installer recommends against keeping it on the desktop, in Program Files, or in Downloads, and by default it installs in my user folder. I think I've experienced issues with my PC due to this, and I don't want to keep the game near any important files because I'm prone to making a mistake. The problem is I have no idea where I could or should keep the game otherwise? Is there a recommended location or anything? I can try to explain the problem better if necessary, thank you to anyone who can help.

I personally recommend installing it somewhere "nearby", such as C:/Games/SRB2.
If you have more than one drive and you keep games in the other drive, then do so.
If you have a dedicated game folder like some peeps do, like me (I have one in D:/Games lol), you might want to install it there.

It's not recommended to install it in Program Files because it is a protected folder. Windows requests anything being installed or being executed in it permissions just to modify things within, and SRB2 does not request admin perms.
It's not recommended to be in Downloads or Desktop because... well, those aren't places for a game, for one. And we've had multiple people install the game in Downloads, like, not even in a folder - All data files just strewn around in the Downloads folder!

I personally don't recommend installing it neither in Documents nor in the user folder because it is my opinion that those aren't places for games either.

Besides, installing it somewhere clear like C:/Games makes it very easy to find the game afterwards and you don't have to navigate much around.

While Documents is probably not a good place for the game as far as organization is concerned, that's where I keep my install and it's always worked fine for me.

I personally recommend installing it somewhere "nearby", such as C:/Games/SRB2.
If you have more than one drive and you keep games in the other drive, then do so.
If you have a dedicated game folder like some peeps do, like me (I have one in D:/Games lol), you might want to install it there.

It's not recommended to install it in Program Files because it is a protected folder. Windows requests anything being installed or being executed in it permissions just to modify things within, and SRB2 does not request admin perms.
It's not recommended to be in Downloads or Desktop because... well, those aren't places for a game, for one. And we've had multiple people install the game in Downloads, like, not even in a folder - All data files just strewn around in the Downloads folder!

I personally don't recommend installing it neither in Documents nor in the user folder because it is my opinion that those aren't places for games either.

Besides, installing it somewhere clear like C:/Games makes it very easy to find the game afterwards and you don't have to navigate much around.
Thanks! The idea of just plain making a folder like Games in the drive is a new idea to me. I've always had non gaming laptops and this is my first PC, which I only just realized a week into using it has a second drive which I moved my Steam folder to, so it sounds like a good idea to do something similar for non steam games too ^^

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back