Where can I...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But SFGHQ sucks, because they don't like real games, only TGF bullcrap. Seriously, TGF is the worst thing to ever happen to the fangame community. *shakes head*

*goes to throw up*

Lostgame said:
But SFGHQ sucks, because they don't like real games, only TGF bullcrap. Seriously, TGF is the worst thing to ever happen to the fangame community. *shakes head*

*goes to throw up*
Actually, based on what I've seen, they'll think you're a freakin' GOD if you put something out in an actual programming language... something that doesn't SUCK, mind.

Actually getting the mechanics behind the game doesn't seem to be too hard (I did a fairly-well working one in Game Maker, which could easily be moved to a real language like, say, C++, assuming I can make or find similar functions like the one GM has), it's more the rendering and such that I'm still a little curious about how to sort out. I'm just an utter newbie when it comes to that, though, so I wouldn't doubt it's pretty easy to do with experience.

Oh, and not all things that come out of ClickTeam products are utter bullcrap. Just look at most of the stuff Blaze puts out. Or maybe Damizean, although he seems to be doing great things no matter WHAT tool he's working with, be it ClickTeam, Game Maker or pure C++.

I can't believe no ones said the MFZ yet. (They are over obsessed with say the F word though.)

Lostgame said:
Seriously, TGF is the worst thing to ever happen to the fangame community. *shakes head*

That's only when people use the built-in movements. Anyone actually experienced with Clickteam's software makes their own movement system from scratch. I take it you've never played Watkins, which is a superb classic game made in TGF Pro. Sure, the fast camera switching may make you queasy, but the game itself is virtually bug-free. Another good game is Eternal Daughter, made in MMF. It has its faults too, but those lie in the game's design (too many deaths) rather than MMF itself. Because it uses custom movement, all the bugs and exploits that it has all could have been prevented with a little extra code - the folks making the game just didn't bother with it.

Quite frankly, if there's anything I dislike about MMF or Game Maker, it lies in the graphic-engines. MMF's proprietary display drivers run reasonably fast on old computers, but they are quite dated, and can't handle too much in the way of special effects. Game Maker, on the other hand, has huge system requirements, at least for version 6. It also seems to consume a little too much memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back