Where can I find the kartmaker template for asymmetrical mods?

Early last year, I downloaded a folder of SRB2Kart templates for bigger characters, asymmetrical characters, etc., though I can't remember where from. Since then, my previous PC broke and I couldn't salvage the templates. Now I'm unable to find the download.

If anyone could tell me where I can find it, I would greatly appreciate it, as I cannot continue modding without it..

If you're in the Kart Krew server, remember you can use the search tool.
pZucG3C.png

Which, after some searching, leads you to a particular message, and then to an "extra kart templates" file posted there.

Just to note, Kartmaker is merely a tool that takes a spritesheet then splices it into most required frames (leaving some frames go unused ��). It is merely a helper tool, and as such it is not absolutely required to create a character mod for Kart.
It wouldn't make modding impossible if it were to be unable to be used.

Last edited:
If you're in the Kart Krew server, remember you can use the search tool.
pZucG3C.png

Which, after some searching, leads you to a particular message, and then to an "extra kart templates" file posted there.

Just to note, Kartmaker is merely a tool that takes a spritesheet then splices it into most required frames (leaving some frames go unused ��). It is merely a helper tool, and as such it is not absolutely required to create a character mod for Kart.
It wouldn't make modding impossible if it were to be unable to be used.
What happens if you make an asymmetric character using Kartmaker?

What do you mean "what happens"?

If you make an asymmetric character... you end with an asymmetric character.
Not much science behind it.
I meant when you make a assymetrical character using the Default Kartmaker template, but I think I know what happens anyway

make a assymetrical character using the Default Kartmaker template
well uh

A template has two working parts - The image (template) and the part that tells the program how to split the image.
Custom templates usually bundle both.
If you tell the program to basically use the asymmetric splitting on a default template, at that point it is just undefined behaviour to me. The program might crash trying to read image data that doesn't exist, or maybe it reads a different part of the image wrong, or you end with half the sprites transparent because there's no image past a specific point.

So to answer,
I don't know :welcometoreleases:

well uh

A template has two working parts - The image (template) and the part that tells the program how to split the image.
Custom templates usually bundle both.
If you tell the program to basically use the asymmetric splitting on a default template, at that point it is just undefined behaviour to me. The program might crash trying to read image data that doesn't exist, or maybe it reads a different part of the image wrong, or you end with half the sprites transparent because there's no image past a specific point.

So to answer,
I don't know :welcometoreleases:
Well there is the sprite where they start to drift, but their kart is facing forward still. You make the sprite facing one way and that's it, and Kartmaker uses that sprite and flips it for the other way, which means an asymmetrical character will keep flipping around. That's what I think.

Not quite?
For example, in the default template, there is only one series of "drifting" sprites. Kartmaker will take this series as-is for one direction, and horizontally mirror it for the other direction.
In an asymmetrical template, both series will be available for editing individually.
If you try to use the asymmetrical splitting with the default template, you risk the program pulling random areas of the image or doing things you don't want. Kartmaker isn't psychic and doesn't get to know what is missing - Only "take these sprites from this region", times 50ish.

In any case, you should try to avoid undefined behaviour. Use the proper config for its respective template.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back