• ce1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ce2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad some of you also like ce2 – I’m just a sucker for SA. :mrgreen:

Been thinking, quite enjoy playing Mario Koopa Blast 1 as well, even if it’s not a sonic level. :

Definetly THZ2. It's the only main game level (not counting bosses) that takes place inside. I've always liked mechanical levels.

Neo Chaotikal said:
Mystic said:
Greenflower 2, hands down. So much space to explore, but still fast and interesting. It's easily possible to spend hours exploring every nook and cranny of that map.
What he said.
same, also I like the music it kinda has that "exploration" feel to it

(Unlurk)

My favourite level has to be Spring Hill Zone. Yes, I know it's not a 'real' level persay, but it's such a phenomonal level. I loved playing NiGHTS, and I think AJ did a better job here than most professional level designers ever have; by making the level fun, fit into the overall art style and by achievinh something of a technical feat - it's really not that easy to make a NiGHTS level, I assure you! ;)

As for poor old CEZ2, I designed that level with the intent of just throwing in a little variation to the whole 'run through stages quickly' theme, and only really intended it for use in the Final Demo it appeared in (someone will have to help me out here, as I can't remember the version number ;D). It was also pretty easy to make and was more of a show of what could be done if you wanted to create a more puzzly-style level (although, yeah, I know, hitting switches isn't a particularly taxing puzzle...!). That said, it's not one of my favourite levels either, but simply put, I didn't put as much effort in thought into as I did GFZ2, which was then further refined by AJ and Mystic.

(Relurk!)

--
Johnny ('Sonikku')

GF1: pretty good level to ease a player in the game, and you can explore for hours. The last part is fricking crappy, though.

GF2: Do whatever you want here! Go race trough it, go explore the huge level, or enjoy the view! Best level ever!

TH1: Pretty good level at the start, getting worse later. Its huge, without much secrets.

TH2: With a ton of secrets and good fast paced action, this level has it all. You just can't really enjoy the view, or actually WANTING to look around for secrets.

CE1: Great hidden secrets, big layout, and a lot of lagg during netplay. I just can't get the idea that eggmans hidden there somewhere!

CE2: love running trough the stage, with a lot of freedom. But, there aren't much secret places! And it doesn't really look like a sonic stage! Pressing buttons? No way!

BOSSES:
Make more, thats all I want to say!

JohnnyWallbank said:
(Unlurk)

My favourite level has to be Spring Hill Zone. Yes, I know it's not a 'real' level persay, but it's such a phenomonal level. I loved playing NiGHTS, and I think AJ did a better job here than most professional level designers ever have; by making the level fun, fit into the overall art style and by achievinh something of a technical feat - it's really not that easy to make a NiGHTS level, I assure you! ;)

As for poor old CEZ2, I designed that level with the intent of just throwing in a little variation to the whole 'run through stages quickly' theme, and only really intended it for use in the Final Demo it appeared in (someone will have to help me out here, as I can't remember the version number ;D). It was also pretty easy to make and was more of a show of what could be done if you wanted to create a more puzzly-style level (although, yeah, I know, hitting switches isn't a particularly taxing puzzle...!). That said, it's not one of my favourite levels either, but simply put, I didn't put as much effort in thought into as I did GFZ2, which was then further refined by AJ and Mystic.

(Relurk!)

--
Johnny ('Sonikku')
Itsssssss Johnny! *shot for lame pun*
*Bows down*
My my, you have to unlurk more often, Johnny :P

Now, see, whenever he comes, the topic will instantly change from '[inserttopichere]' to 'zomg johnny posted letz al have a mnidless rant' for about 10 posts then go back to the regular topic. Somebody please explain this phenomenon to me, I really don't see why it happens. D:

Favorite level? Red Mountain. It's just new and interesting, and I like running through a stage I haven't already trudged through a thousand times before. Of course, Digi's BSZ is far superior to ever option on that list, but I'll assume we're talking about official levels here.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Of course, Digi's BSZ is far superior to ever option on that list, but I'll assume we're talking about official levels here.
Agreed. BSZ is teh pwnage :P

Omega the Hedgehog said:
And then there's the lucky beta testers out there (Like me :D) who actually get to give the level a go... ^_~

Me as well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back