What's Your Favorite Sonic Steam Game(Or Any Sonic Game you can get from steam)

Mr Kixx Reborn

Let's give it all we got!
The title pretty much says it, just post down below. Mods and rom hacks like Super Sonic Generations and Sonic 3 A.I.R Are acceptable too

Ehh Can it be Sonic 3 A.I.R? I do not know the truth, I prefer to play games that give more nostalgia, you understand?

In regards to Sonic games you can currently get on Steam, I'd say my current favorite is probably Generations, though for Classic Sonic gameplay I'd probably say S3K/A.I.R. Mania is cool and all but I still feel like S3K is better.

As for games I'd like to come to Steam, the original PC port of Heroes is severely outdated and could benefit from an updated version on Steam and modern consoles. Shadow never came to PC to begin with, it would be nice to see that get a re-release. It would also be cool if Secret Rings and Black Knight could get an updated port for modern systems with the motion controls somehow replaced with button inputs, as well as analog support (I can easily imagine Black Knight working well with controllers, with left stick for movement and right stick for sword swings). Colors could also really use a re-release as well, though it seems heavily likely that one is already coming anyway. I'd also like to see the Advance Trilogy, Battle, and the Rush Duology bundled together. Of course, the really big one is Unleashed, which would be incredible. I'd like to see the Wii/PS2 version as well, though it might require a title change to differentiate it.

I don't consider Sonic 3 AIR (or Complete) to count as Steam game because those aren't sold by Steam.

On the other hand Sonic 3 & Knuckles still being available on Steam is a really good thing.

I want Sonic Unleashed!
I understand your feeling but I'd rather see Colors coming first then Unleashed will eventually be there as well.

As for games I'd like to come to Steam, the original PC port of Heroes is severely outdated and could benefit from an updated version on Steam and modern consoles. Shadow never came to PC to begin with, it would be nice to see that get a re-release. It would also be cool if Secret Rings and Black Knight could get an updated port for modern systems with the motion controls somehow replaced with button inputs, as well as analog support (I can easily imagine Black Knight working well with controllers, with left stick for movement and right stick for sword swings).
Heroes (and Riders) could benefit to see a re-release on Steam even if there aren't many fans of it (as for Shadow I also think that Sega want to bury this game). I also doubt Sega would ever tackle the storybook games ever... as much as Black Knight is popular.

Colors could also really use a re-release as well, though it seems heavily likely that one is already coming anyway. I'd also like to see the Advance Trilogy, Battle, and the Rush Dualogy bundled together. Of course, the really big one is Unleashed, which would be incredible. I'd like to see the Wii/PS2 version as well, though it might require a title change to differentiate it.
I am all for the Advance Trilogy coming in a HD collection (with Battle eventually as the game is connected to Advance 3) but I don't know how Sega would handle the Dual Screen and Touch controls for the Rush Trilogy.

PS: Unleashed SD (aka Unwiished) being made by Dimps (and often considered inferior to the PS360 version) would just not make any sense for Sega to bother porting it (in HD)

Unleashed SD (aka Unwiished) being made by Dimps (and often considered inferior to the PS360 version) would just not make any sense for Sega to bother porting it (in HD)
It depends on how they went about doing it. Bundling it with the HD version of the game would be a bit redundant, and it probably isn't worth selling standalone these days. I could imagine it being a rather harmless addition to stick onto the Colors re-release though, making it into a bundle. Both versions of Unleashed have their fans, so I don't really feel like burying the PS2/Wii Version is quite the right way to go. Especially because of my inner preservationist.

It depends on how they went about doing it. Bundling it with the HD version of the game would be a bit redundant, and it probably isn't worth selling standalone these days. I could imagine it being a rather harmless addition to stick onto the Colors re-release though, making it into a bundle. Both versions of Unleashed have their fans, so I don't really feel like burying the PS2/Wii Version is quite the right way to go. Especially because of my inner preservationist.
Let's be realistic for a moment, I would be surprised we'd even get the HD Unleashed to begin with, let alone giving SD in a bundle as well.

I got Generations on steam just to play as the Hyper Sonic 2021 mod

Then I discovered that here are things on it like Unleashed and Colors level mod packs and levels from tons of other Sonic games and altered levels of Generations levels and bosses. The modder community has given the game an extended life.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back