What's with servers nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once found this coop server, back in 2.0, and it was the most fun I ever had in coop.
They had this system, where people would split into pairs. Each pair got to choose their own color, and those two worked together to finish the level. Me and my partner found that we were cooperating with everyone else as well, fighting of Eggman's bots together.

*Sigh*, I miss that server.

This is what I would like to see in coop, but I wish I knew how to convince people to play like that in my servers.

Another thing that I see that ruins coop is changing skin. Can't get past somewhere with Sonic? Switch to Tails and go over. You're too slow? Switch to Sonic. There's no cooperativity in that. If only there was a server where a Tails would actually help and lift a Sonic. If only I could host it.

I really don't understand what's so offensive about stating your opinion on something like this. Isn't everything in this topic the opinion of the person who said it? Sure, some people are rather blunt about it but the reality is that people clearly have strong opinions on gametypes and you shouldn't take it as an attack on you if someone says Coop sucks and you like it.

Thank you Mystic, that's exactly what Brown the Dog and I am saying. We're just sharing opinions in this thread.

To be fair, DS # 1, your previous posts did sound like they were being presented as facts... which might not have been much of a problem if it wasn't for the fact that you were basically calling a majority of the people who prefer it stupid. I think that's sort of what Corneliab was tackling.

To put my two cents in, Co-op is a nice little time-waster, though admittingly it does get boring after a while.

If I knew how to host, I would be open to some co-op, but with a few things added in:

- I would likely kick any player who idles in the same spot more than a few minutes. Co-op is about playing through the level. If you're there to just sit around and do nothing at all, go away and come back when you're ready to play.

-Disable joining when the map gets to a big level, such as DSZ2. It can be turned back on when the level is done.

- Set a reasonable time limit for completing the level, or just tell everyone in the server "Hey guys, I'm going to exitlevel when the timer hits XX minutes, whether you've finished or not, or when 75% of the players have reached the level's exit (or have Game Over'd)"

Just a thought really.

For those who are a little more serious about Co-op, I've seen a variation in which you are awarded points for what you do in Co-op, and even the old-style of Sonic 2 vs. mode scoring, where a winner for each level is selected from multiple categories, and the level finishes automatically 60-90 seconds after the first person touches the end of level sign.

Last edited:
For those who are a little more serious about Co-op, I've seen a variation in which you are awarded points for what you do in Co-op, and even the old-style of Sonic 2 vs. mode scoring, where a winner for each level is selected from multiple categories, and the level finishes automatically 60-90 seconds after the first person touches the end of level sign.

So, your suggesting people play race mode in co-op stages, correct? Because we already have all of that, incase you didn't notice.

Over all, I've found nothing wrong with the servers lately, because if I don't see one I care for, I'll create my own. It's as simple as that. For those of you who can't, just do something else. SRB2 isn't the meaning of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back