What's the most interesting thing you can do on a computer?

How much do you know?

• I only know how to do basic things on a computer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm good at spriting

• I made my own website

• I'm learning how to make 3D stuff

• I make 3D models of my own all the time

• I'm working on a 2D game

• I'm working on a 3D game

• I'm making a fully functional 3D game using my own 3D engine and source code

• I know so much stuff I should make my own operating system

• I know how to do alot of stuff on computers not mentioned here

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a hardware person. If you frack up the computer with a mismatched cable, that can easily be fixed. Software is not my friend though.

I'm not very good at making games or any stuff like that. Although I make animated movies that are actually quite good.

I agree with Shuffle..worst poll ever

There is a diffrence between a good artist and knowing alot about computers

I'm good at messing with the hardware. The last 3 computers I've had I built. I don't believe in crappy PC makers like Dell and Hewlett-Packard. I also know a teensy bit of C++, but it's so little it's not even worth it. I like mirc scripting a bit, and I'm good at setting up networks and all the stuff. Meh, you don't get this stuff at 13 years old much.

I'm a bit rubbish at most things on the computer, but I do try...

I have a book on HTML, C and C++ which I flicked through. I also know a bit of QBASIC which I find easy but that is because the only thing I have written in (PRINT "Hello, World!"

I also like fiddling with hardware (never costimised my computer though:() But I don't know what anything means... I have 8 broken hard disks in my room which I want to fix... but I don't know how they are broken, don't know how to fix them or have a screwdriver that fits...

So I do know bits about PCs but only the bits that arn't helpful. But the good thing is I tried to teach myself! :D

Meh, you don't get this stuff at 13 years old much.

Ok, please don't complain about the poll, if you don't understand it, don't answer it, I can't edit the poll so please don't post saying, "That's the worst poll ever!" also, I'm changing the name of the topic to: "What's the most interesting thing you can do on a computer?"

I know SOME stuff. I know alot about spriting. I dont understand how to open the Index thing for PHPBB3 (I heard it was easy, but I was wrong, it just shows a blank page... >_<). I know a bit about how to make games. I know how to make models from scratch on Anim8or ( http://www.anim8or.com/main/index.html )
That is about it...

The poll really is unneeded.

Well, I built my own desktop, but I don't use it anymore.

Listing everything I do on the computer:

- 3D Modeling
- Music Composition
- Graphic Design
- HTML Web Coding
- Macromedia Flash 8 Actionscript & Design
- Creating StepMania Steps
- Finding & Modding Moddable Games (like this one...)

There are more, but I'm too lazy to list them all. (Wish I knew PHP... I only know enough to fix forums and stuff.)

GCFreak said:
I'm good at messing with the hardware. The last 3 computers I've had I built. I don't believe in crappy PC makers like Dell and Hewlett-Packard.
High-five!
As for repairing hard-drives.. if reformatting it doesn't work, don't bother with it. I've never heard of anyone opening up a hard drive to fix it.

Shuffle said:
GCFreak said:
I'm good at messing with the hardware. The last 3 computers I've had I built. I don't believe in crappy PC makers like Dell and Hewlett-Packard.
High-five!
As for repairing hard-drives.. if reformatting it doesn't work, don't bother with it. I've never heard of anyone opening up a hard drive to fix it.

What ever you do not reformat a HP XP MC machine using an XP disk. I did it to mine and now my machine runs terribly. Now need to buy a disk from HP (cost about $99-$180) just fix what i did. For fixing a hard drive try SpinRite 6.0. www.grc.com. Cost about $70. I used a p2p network to get mine. The other stuff on his site is free.

SpinRite now brings its legendary data recovery and drive maintenance magic to the latest file systems, operating systems, and hard drives. It runs MUCH faster than ever before, can help maintain all of your drives in tip top shape, can warn of impending disaster, and wrestle data from dying and nearly dead drives . . . before it's too late.

SpinRite 6.0 is now available for immediate purchase, upgrade, and download. This industry-standard data recovery tool is operating system independent, so it can be applied by users of Windows XP, 2000, Linux, and all other Intel/AMD PC‑platform hard drives and file systems.

I program in most of my time. I can't say I can amek an os but I am making my own FreeGEm distro (search google). So I'm very experianced.

jrose05 said:
Shuffle said:
GCFreak said:
High-five!

What ever you do not reformat a HP XP MC machine using an XP disk. I did it to mine and now my machine runs terribly. Now need to buy a disk from HP (cost about $99-$180) just fix what i did. For fixing a hard drive try SpinRite 6.0. www.grc.com. Cost about $70. I used a p2p network to get mine. The other stuff on his site is free.

SpinRite now brings its legendary data recovery and drive maintenance magic to the latest file systems, operating systems, and hard drives. It runs MUCH faster than ever before, can help maintain all of your drives in tip top shape, can warn of impending disaster, and wrestle data from dying and nearly dead drives . . . before it's too late.

SpinRite 6.0 is now available for immediate purchase, upgrade, and download. This industry-standard data recovery tool is operating system independent, so it can be applied by users of Windows XP, 2000, Linux, and all other Intel/AMD PC‑platform hard drives and file systems.

Eh, not necessarily. you can use g-parted, burn and use. Works like a charm.

And to respond to this topic, the coolest thing in my opinion is running compiz on my ubuntu 7.10 setup with Steam (yes, Steam) and playing HL Deathmatch only because people are too lazy to put the linux binaries up for SRB2 and compiling SRB2 is a B+++h.

I'm terrible with computers and can do nothing programing-wise. I guarantee you are ALL smarter than me in that department.
I'm decent at Photoshop and ImageReady and I do some music recording/production with GT Player, CoolEdit And FL Studio but that's all the credit I can really give myself if you consider that interesting.

Jack-of-most-trades. I can do quite a lot of stuff, and I'll learn what I need to accomplish a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back