What's the most interesting thing you can do on a computer?

How much do you know?

• I only know how to do basic things on a computer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm good at spriting

• I made my own website

• I'm learning how to make 3D stuff

• I make 3D models of my own all the time

• I'm working on a 2D game

• I'm working on a 3D game

• I'm making a fully functional 3D game using my own 3D engine and source code

• I know so much stuff I should make my own operating system

• I know how to do alot of stuff on computers not mentioned here

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalaron

So, do alot of the people here on this forum know how to do alot of stuff on computers like, C++ Programing, Making 3D models, 3D animation, Making 3D games, Web designing, you know stuff like that?

I built my computer if that helps :roll: . I also used to do 3D modeling, but my video card sucks and I need a new one >_<. I also do lots of spriting. EDIT: I can also do very basic HTML like ree-c. My website was a copy of the old MFZ so I didn't do all the HTML there >_>.

A little registry editing, quite deep knowldge around hardware. I built my previous computer, took another apart and rebuilt it. I tend to edit the registry occasionally for a few things.

I'm mainly better at hardware-related stuff. Not too bad with maintenence of systems, and I experiment every now and then with my network.

I can't code anything, apart from _very_ basic HTML, but not even caring.

This seems to be less "what do you know about computers?" and more "what do you regularly do on computers?". After all, you could be the world's greatest sprite artist but not know a thing about RAM.

I'm GREAT with computers, but there's a diffrence between being a good sprite artist and being good with computers

Most of the things mentioned up there have to do with software and not about helping fixing things like an internet connection. I'm pretty good at both, but defiantly not the best.

[x said:
Nova Rocker Girl[x]]Most of the things mentioned up there have to do with software and not about helping fixing things like an internet connection. I'm pretty good at both, but defiantly not the best.

defiantly not the best...?

you mean definitely, right?

kitfox said:
[x said:
Nova Rocker Girl[x]]Most of the things mentioned up there have to do with software and not about helping fixing things like an internet connection. I'm pretty good at both, but defiantly not the best.

defiantly not the best...?

you mean definitely, right?
Bah, I'm to tired to do things right today.

The most complex thing I've ever done computer-wise is disassemble a laptop to disconnect the reserve battery to reset it's passwords in order change a certain setting in the BIOS. Other than that, I used to dabble in 3D- not so much nowadays, at least, not until I've got a decent grasp of traditional art and/or have a computer capable of running Lightwave's metanurbs.

Well I'm a Computer Repair guy and I repair Hardware and Software problems. So you can ask me any tech questions. I am learning computer/network Security and programing.

operating system (OS) that I fix.
Windows 98-XP MC
Mac OS 10.4

I found the poll quite confusing and not that useful, so I just decided to ignore it.

Myself, I do a bit of everything. I do a bit of spriting, a bit of programming (very introductory, still using Visual Basic), quite a bit of music production and recording (Using Cubase and FL Studio), and that's just about it. I've taken apart my CPU a few times to tinker with it, but I don't really plan to learn much more about it.

The most complex thing I've probably done in the field is probably somewhere along the lines of customizing my CPU.

Where is " I'm making a fully functional 2D game using my own 2D engine and source code"?
Crappy poll. What if I'm doing multiple things?

If you're doing something else or multiple things, then pick "I know how to do alot of stuff on computers not mentioned here" and if you're making 2D games then pick 2D games. The reason why I put "I'm making a fully functional 3D game using my own 3D engine and source code" is to see if anyone is making a game that's something like SonicGL in the terms of having their own 3D engine for it. I wish I could edit the poll questions, but I can't when people start voting. :(

I only know how to install, update, make 2-D games, do virus scans and tune-ups, and use the control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back