What's every ones's opinion on the sonic adventure games?

This is something I'd love to see changed if a remake ever got made. Keep the option for the old, inferior controls for those who for whatever reason want it, but allow these abilities to all be mapped to different buttons for ease of use. I can't even count the number of times I've died because I wanted to light speed dash over a bottomless pit through a trail of rings, only to do the wrong action and fall to my doom.

I have. If you couldn't beat Final Chase, you probably would have a hard time with Cannons Core. The final story's actual story I'd say is worth it if you care about it, but the levels themselves aren't really anything to write home about aside from the great music. If you ever do get around to it, the best advice I can give you is get the aqua necklace as Knuckles first.
I've beaten Cannon's Core without the Aqua Necklace and it was hell. I don't get why they want us to get upgrades in the game (and to be honest it was fine in SA1 as it was in the hub levels but in SA2 they weren't necessary).

I have. If you couldn't beat Final Chase, you probably would have a hard time with Cannons Core. The final story's actual story I'd say is worth it if you care about it, but the levels themselves aren't really anything to write home about aside from the great music. If you ever do get around to it, the best advice I can give you is get the aqua necklace as Knuckles first.
It wasn't that I couldn't beat it exactly; more that I didn't feel like continuing after Mad Space (the most unfun level in the entire game, at least among what I've played) and the much easier Cosmic Wall. I guess it's telling in itself that I didn't have it in me to fully complete the game.

I like some part of the first game but I still think that Sega should've never changed the series so radically.

Why did they feel the need to give him a redesign with the green eyes and the more lanky figure, why did they feel the need to make him talk in cutscenes, why did they add a bigger villain than Robotnik (which became a monster of the week quickly after)?

I think that if Sega has kept Sonic as the main gameplay focus and the overal ambiance of the classic game (up to the Saturn) the series could've been still appreciated and seen as a good one by most people.
They actually redesigned him for gameplay purposes. His original proportions made Sega think that his head would take up too much camera space. They had another internal drawing competition to come up with his new design, similar to when they were trying to come up with Sonic in the first place. It had nothing to do with trying to be Mario’s antithesis

I like the Adventure era, but they are way to buggy. I mean I can't even use the Spin attack without flying off the stage. If the these games where released today they would flop, because they have just as many bugs as '06. Al tho not as bad.

They actually redesigned him for gameplay purposes. His original proportions made Sega think that his head would take up too much camera space. They had another internal drawing competition to come up with his new design, similar to when they were trying to come up with Sonic in the first place. It had nothing to do with trying to be Mario’s antithesis
Robotnik is still looking like an Egg person, they just gave him a jacket and a pair of goggles.

I like the Adventure era, but they are way to buggy. I mean I can't even use the Spin attack without flying off the stage. If the these games where released today they would flop, because they have just as many bugs as '06. Al tho not as bad.
True, most people who like the game are mostly because of nostalgia.

Robotnik is still looking like an Egg person, they just gave him a jacket and a pair of goggles.
And that has to do with Sonic’s redesign... how? You asked about why Sega bothered redesigning the hedgehog and I gave you the reason. I have no idea what Eggman has to do with this

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back