What You Liked About 2.1 before 2.2 Released in Early December of 2019

Mr Kixx Reborn

Let's give it all we got!
Now It's been about Almost 1 and a half years since 2.2 first dropped back in 2019 and I started to think all the great things about 2.1 and I just wanted to hear your thoughts on what was great about 2.1 before 2.2 Came Out, you can post your thoughts 👇

Also Here Are Just Some Of My Opinions:

-Lasted 5 Whole Years

-Increased the modding community by a big amount

-Attracted more people to the game and increased the games popularity

Last edited:
1619313864919.png

I haven't played SRB2 until late-2020, though I have seen SRB2 2.1 before back in 2018 or 2019. I do remember that it looked beautiful at the time, but it looks kinda "less" beautiful than it was back then.

I kinda think that the 2.1 dragged for a bit too long as a major version (because slopes were introduced before the 2.2 right?) but I'm glad we got a major revamp for the 2.2.

I still like the 2.1 ost but honestly I'd only replay that version only because of nostalgia.

I also love the look and feel of the 1.09.4 and the 2.0 as well but I'll stick mostly with the 2.2

Tbh I mostly liked 2.1 Because of the big role it played for me and srb2, I kinda felt more attracted to what the game was and how fun it would be and that's just one of the reasons I like 2.1

I discovered SRB2 during the middle/late 2.1 but didn't played as much as 2.1.25 where I really started playing.

What maked 2.1 so good is probably the modding scene. Overall 2.1 have the most interesting mods(probably due to the introduction of lua), 2.0 didn't aged well and I'm not as much interested by 2.2 mods.

Also I think I'm nostalgic of some of the old OST.

Also 2.1 seemed to have a more stable netplay but now this version is dead and we can only hope that 2.2's get fixed

2.1 was unique among Sonic Fangames because even though it was a 3D game, it was actually fairly complete. Most of the games you see (that are made in engines like Unity) are either a collection of levels and nothing more or an alpha of what could become a larger game. It was also fairly lightweight as far as file-size goes (ie. not gigabytes in size which made for easy downloading).

I didn't play any mods back then, so SRB2 collected dust soon after saw all of the levels.

I liked SRB2 version 2.1 over version 2.2 because SRB2 version 2.1 had it where Sonic had multi thok and cheesing online with Fang wasn't a thing seriously Fang is so OP on online I think it's illegal how much cheese netgame Fang has

Well personally, what attracted me to 2.1 at the time was its art style that combined 3d with 2d, which looked great and the fact that the maps were very open and the amount of unlockables out there, I still prefer version 2.2 to 2.1. but still 2.1 I like it a lot, I even keep playing it when there is not much to do

I liked SRB2 version 2.1 over version 2.2 because SRB2 version 2.1 had it where Sonic had multi thok and cheesing online with Fang wasn't a thing seriously Fang is so OP on online I think it's illegal how much cheese netgame Fang has
Sonic was only able to Multi Thok until Final Demo 1.08 and Fang wasn't really mentioned at the time, There is 100% fang cheese now, but not back then

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back