What would YOU want in an ERZ remake?

lnferno

Blazing Creator
Self-explanatory.

For me, one of the main things I'd like is for the acts to become less of gimmick gauntlets and more for the acts to focus on a set of gimmicks and then use them in new refreshing ways. That and all the other self-explainatory stuff.

I'd like to see sections that use similar gimmicks as the prior zones, but re-imagined in a space station. Low gravity, sections with no air, occasional gravity flips, lasers, etc. Basically, a final gauntlet composed of everything the game has thrown at you so far, but more over the top. Not necessarily in difficulty, but definitely in presentation. It should make use of prior level gimmicks like underwater sections and gargoyle puzzles, purple goop, lava, etc. At the same time though, it should do this all in a way that feels unique from the prior zones so as to have it's own identity. A combination of everything you've learned up to this point, but now you have to learn to pass through in a new way.

I can imagine for example a room with a gravity flip in the horizontal middle and low gravity everywhere else with purple goop that bounces you back the other way on both the ceiling and floor, and a series of platforms you need to jump across to get through the room. Some of the platforms are out of Sonic's reach, forcing him to make use of the goop to progress. Not necessarily dangerous, but forces you to think about using old gimmicks in a new way. Perhaps follow this up with another similar room, except now there's lasers you have to carefully avoid or there's no air so you have to get through on a time limit, etc.

Despite Egg Rock being famous for its difficulty, I think it should be easier than Dark City and Grand Eggship (whenever they get made) and it should focus much more on spectacle than anything else. SRB2 is such a challenging game for new players already and I think it'd be a better experience to end on a fun level rather than a frustrating level. That's the feeling I get from watching new players on YouTube at least. There's the Metal Sonic race right afterwards to kick people's asses, after all.

Making the fans part in the second act less janky.

Bringing back the reduced size part that is reminiscent of Sonic CD's Metallic Madness.

Honestly, I'd be fine with just a sloped revamp of the existing zone as shown in the 20th anniversary trailer. The level is fine as is and I don't think any major modifications are needed, aside from maybe an Act 3. Otherwise, I would actually prefer if Metal Sonic was the ERZ3 boss and Brak would be the sole act of Black Core, with no Metal race. There's nothing fun about the current Metal race that makes it worth keeping.

Otherwise, I would actually prefer if Metal Sonic was the ERZ3 boss and Brak would be the sole act of Black Core, with no Metal race.
Uuuh, no thanks, making it a new Zone was actually one of my favorite thing about 2.2 because having two hard levels followed by a really hard race with the risk of having to redo everything from the first act if you get a Game Over is too big of a difficulty spike.

I'd love to see a proper multi-route zone, like all the other zones before. It's quite disapointing to me that the last zone only has 2 paths, and they don't have intersections with each other during the rest of the acts. It's literally the "choose the pill" scene from Matrix.

Honestly, I'd be fine with just a sloped revamp of the existing zone as shown in the 20th anniversary trailer.
I would also be kinda hoping for the zone in the 20th anniversary trailer. However, I don't think Sonic Team Jr. has the build that the trailer showed off, so that's not happening.
The level is fine as is and I don't think any major modifications are needed, aside from maybe an Act 3.
I'd definetly like to see a proper Act 3, however, Metal Sonic should stay in Black Core, and instead we should get an original boss for ERZ, a la 2.2's unused Egg Boiler boss.

Last edited:
Adding slopes for the sake of it isn't a good idea. It needs to get a true thinking behind it.

I always thought that Egg Rock lacking slopes fitted the place for being 100% artificial.

I'd definitely like to see a proper Act 3, however, Metal Sonic should stay in Black Core, and instead we should get an original boss for ERZ, ala 2.2's Egg Boiler.
Yeah, the Metal Race should stay in the Black Core.

Uuuh, no thanks, making it a new Zone was actually one of my favorite thing about 2.2 because having two hard levels followed by a really hard race with the risk of having to redo everything from the first act if you get a Game Over is too big of a difficulty spike.
Since 2.2.1, the game saves per act instead of per zone, so that's a moot point now.

The Metal Race is one of the best parts of the game imo. It lends itself properly to being a speed based section. It being on a timer as well as just being a difficult obstacle course is great for an endgame situation

ERZ 1:
i would like if the route for amy and fang to not be so hard to get through

ERZ 2:
more directions for the gravity

ERZ 3:
Metals AI should be more advanced depending on what character you are (also the level be a bit more harder)
Sonic = Insane
Knuckles = Normal
Tails = Easy
Fang = Normal
Amy = Hard
Metal = Normal

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back