What would you rate srb2 2.2

Idoit

b r u h
Its a very fine game ill say 7.89/10 it has many cons , pros i will be saying cons and pros

Cons: why doesn't sonic jump high enough, PLS TELL ME WHAT THE FRICK IS a thok . I the thok is like a shady ver of the airdash from sonic sa1 , sa2 , you get it without the homing attack its fine but sometimes its a pain in the ass Like there's some dumb glitch that makes you not though when you PRESS SPACE TWO TIMES. You would be saying who cares i just dont wanna lose when im so close to landing on a platform and i miss tails and knuxs play like sonic but one can glide and one can fly whats so bad about that . p h y s i c s .

Pros: OMG this game is mind-blowing for a doom game it plays like a classic game and SOMEHOW ITS DOOM HOW SUDSUGUSUDS. 2.2 fixes every thing that sucked about 2.1 almost a perfect game if you wanna speedrun i would say play as tails ok bye.
Post automatically merged:

1632868037485.png
1632868037485.png

Its a very fine game ill say 7.89/10 it has many cons , pros i will be saying cons and pros

Cons: why doesn't sonic jump high enough, PLS TELL ME WHAT THE FRICK IS a thok . I the thok is like a shady ver of the airdash from sonic sa1 , sa2 , you get it without the homing attack its fine but sometimes its a pain in the ass Like there's some dumb glitch that makes you not though when you PRESS SPACE TWO TIMES. You would be saying who cares i just dont wanna lose when im so close to landing on a platform and i miss tails and knuxs play like sonic but one can glide and one can fly whats so bad about that . p h y s i c s .

Pros: OMG this game is mind-blowing for a doom game it plays like a classic game and SOMEHOW ITS DOOM HOW SUDSUGUSUDS. 2.2 fixes every thing that sucked about 2.1 almost a perfect game if you wanna speedrun i would say play as tails ok bye.

View attachment 53893View attachment 53893
Ehh... SRB2 is very fun. If we are talking about vanilla (multiplayer or not) it would be 7/10, the game is SUPER fun but gets boring after some time. Especially if you played it a lot. Mods mainly keep the game from getting bored with 10/10, playing with characters that aren't in the game and mostly the mods that have a good lua script makes srb2 very fun! Pros and Cons...

Pros:
- While not beginner friendly, Sonic's air ability, the thok (Think of this as a homing attack but stronger and unable to lock on to enemies and home into them.) is very good and fun to use! It can possibly also be spammed and gain super sonic speed as long as you know how to control it.

- Tails' fright is actually really good, better than 2.1's. It isn't stiff and makes Tails so much playable.

- Knuckle's glide is SO good in 2.2. It works very smoothly and you keep your momentum when gliding, you go very fast depending on your speed before preforming it

- Knuckles can now swim... its actually pretty cute seeing him paddle his arms and legs. I also like how he can change directions if you move your move keys underwater as well also!

- You can save your character and color now. It was so annoying doing this when I switch to the older games.

- THANK YOU FOR GETTING RID OF SUPER IN MATCH! (I still hate match but still)

-
Fang, Amy, and Metal now join in! Each with something special to their moveset!

-The Special stages are very fun and cool!

Cons (I sound mean in some of these points, please do not take this personally as I mean this in a joking way):
- Literally Sonic, Tails, and Metal are the most op people for race gametype.

- Fang... for some reason, can now hurt/kill players with his gun on race... why?

- Match... just match, as a matter of fact... - FLIPPING RAILS, WHY DO THEY EXIST?

- I get that Amy cannot go super. Why can't Tails go super? He has before.

- Why does tails still make carrying people unnecessarily hard? Final demo would like to have a word.

- I like sonic's thok, but its WAY to powerful. This isn't bad when it comes to co-op, it sucks in competitive gametypes though. Which all but 1 gametypes are.

- WHY IS AGZ STILL IN THE GAME?

- The continue system is way to good then it should be, please bring the 2.1 continue system back.

Canonically only Sonic, Metal?, Knuckles, Shadow and Silver can go super. Tails can but need super emeralds

Canonically only Sonic, Metal?, Knuckles, Shadow and Silver can go super. Tails can but need super emeralds
Chaos, Mighty, and Ray can also go super (Though Chaos is... Special). We don't know if that's it, either. Nobody else has ever attempted it.

On topic, it's kinda hard to quantify 2.2 into just one rating. It depends on what you are rating it as. It gets a full 10/10 as far as versions of SRB2 are concerned, but the same is true for whatever other major version happens to be newest at the time. While I don't always agree with all the changes made, I've always felt like the new versions are a net positive over the previous.

As far as Sonic fangames are concerned, I'd probably rate it 8.5/10. It's definitely one of the better ones, and one of the longest lasting. However, it's awfully hard to give it a perfect rating, or even say with absolute certainty that it's the best. Especially recently, it's been starting to get some tough competition. If the new physics are just right when they are released though, 2.3 has a solid chance of getting bumped up as high as 9.5/10.

Sonic games in general, I'd have to rate it a 7/10. It's quite fun and has a lot of potential, but I don't rate things off their potential. I rate them off what they have, and what SRB2 has going for it more than anything is it's modding capability. Without that, it's about on par with some of the other better Sonic games. With it, it necks ahead just barely. That is to say that overall, it places among the best, but still isn't the absolute best. It deserves a high rating nonetheless though.

"- Tails' fright is actually really good, better than 2.1's. It isn't stiff and makes Tails so much playable."

"- Why does tails still make carrying people unnecessarily hard? Final demo would like to have a word."
so first of all
tails actually got nerfed in 2.2 because of how game breaking he was on 2.1 maps ( you can legit skip half of arid canyon only as tails)
and second of all
tails is never used like he should... like when peopleplay eggman or any fucking flying character they carry people around
but like they legit dont do it as tails for no fucking reason
oh wait fuck i gotta give a rating
6/10
would be 8/10 if they didnt kill the old fucking master server that was less unstable on 2.2 before they make a new one filled with chat bug and that killed 2.1 servers

I give it a 7.9/10, i don't care what flaws there are, it's still a masterpiece.

And now for the criticism on the cons:

-"PlS tElL mE wHaT tHe FrIcK iS a ThOk? HuRr DuRr" well again, you probably haven't played the original versions before 2.1, the Thok (otherwise known as a Speed Thok) has been an ability that sonic had since the Xmas demo, including the SAGE 2000 demo. It was an exclusive ability that was supposed to emulate an Adventure-like move, but besides the fact that SRB2 is it's own game.

-Knuckles and Tails are basically it's own characters, they're not like Sonic, at all. One is slow, but makes it up with a higher jump and flight control that lasts up to 12 seconds, and one is normal speed with a lower jump, which makes that up with a glide and climbing ability.

And now for criticism with the pros:

-Yes, it's developed with the GZDOOM engine, that's because there's modding tools with the engine. The entire game was supposed to be a sequel to the original game because of the good reviews that it got. Classic games never really had any official 3D games.

-Just because 2.2 fixed everything, does NOT mean that 2.1 sucked at doing everything, i mean every version has it's own personal view, that's because every release had a lot of things to finish, and development doesn't always have to be rushed, unlike people who keep begging for shit to be rushed.

-Just so you know, speedrunning as Tails isn't really a challenge, but that's just your opinion. Sonic is the better way of speedrunning, less interruption on speed, and more fun to the game.

Then again, maybe the game gets boring after some time with mods, but sometimes you just gotta play the vanilla game, it'll probably be more fun than having to play Duke Nukem Forever.

Thanks, and have fun.

I give it a 7.9/10, i don't care what flaws there are, it's still a masterpiece.

-"PlS tElL mE wHaT tHe FrIcK iS a ThOk? HuRr DuRr" well again, you probably haven't played the original versions before 2.1, the Thok (otherwise known as a Speed Thok) has been an ability that sonic had since the Xmas demo, including the SAGE 2000 demo. It was an exclusive ability that was supposed to emulate an Adventure-like move, but besides the fact that SRB2 is it's own game.

-Knuckles and Tails are basically it's own characters, they're not like Sonic, at all. One is slow, but makes it up with a higher jump and flight control that lasts up to 12 seconds, and one is normal speed with a lower jump, which makes that up with a glide and climbing ability.

-Yes, it's developed with the GZDOOM engine, that's because there's modding tools with the engine. The entire game was supposed to be a sequel to the original game because of the good reviews that it got. Classic games never really had any official 3D games.

-Just because 2.2 fixed everything, does NOT mean that 2.1 sucked at doing everything, i mean every version has it's own personal view, that's because every release had a lot of things to finish, and development doesn't always have to be rushed, unlike people who keep begging for shit to be rushed.

-Just so you know, speedrunning as Tails isn't really a challenge, but that's just your opinion. Sonic is the better way of speedrunning, less interruption on speed, and more fun to the game.

Then again, maybe the game gets boring after some time with mods, but sometimes you just gotta play the vanilla game, it'll probably be more fun than having to play Duke Nukem Forever.

Thanks, and have fun.
your opinion is totally right but uhh...
tails runs as fast as knukles and welp... he got a jump power of 1 aka sonic and metal sonic jump height... have you never checked the stats?

so first of all
tails actually got nerfed in 2.2 because of how game breaking he was on 2.1 maps ( you can legit skip half of arid canyon only as tails)
and second of all
tails is never used like he should... like when peopleplay eggman or any fucking flying character they carry people around
but like they legit dont do it as tails for no fucking reason
oh wait fuck i gotta give a rating
6/10
would be 8/10 if they didnt kill the old fucking master server that was less unstable on 2.2 before they make a new one filled with chat bug and that killed 2.1 servers
Yes he got nurfed, your point being? I was talking about how stiff he was when he flys. He doesn't go fast when you're in the middle of flying. Also, Tails purpose isn't just to fly people around, he is meant to be suitable for beginners. Which he didn't feel like it because of how stiff he felt in 2.1. The other versions knuckles was more of a beginner, because as Tails when you fly too fast you can not control him unless you slow down, killing his purpose.

my motherfucking proof
(note that tails was on normal mode because i never played localy)
THEY DO NOT DESYNC

also i had low fps because i had toontown corporate clash opened in background but yea like
So then Tails would be behind Knuckles because of slightly different stats
i see no fucking difference

if you give enough attention: they start their running anymation in the same frame,turn around at the same frame ( well i mean knuckles moonwalk but i play with strafe), and they never separate AT ANYTIME
that shit took me 3 attempts to record because tails kept dying to the first crawla
but like yea
tails WAS slower than knuckles
he no longer is slower and has the most balanced stats

and this also why i hate him
he is way too good
giving him GOOD STATS and making him able TO FLY is NOT a fair
characters like fang are worth more of these kind of stuff
like while tails can smoke less levels unlike he did in 2.1
his stats did get better as the devs kept giving him better stats since 2.0 and this until now

Attachments

• srb20049.gif
    srb20049.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Thanks, and have fun.
7.9 isn’t a masterpiece. A masterpiece would be 10/10 or .9.0

I would give it a 8.0 my only real problem is the physics are ass

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back