What will happen to the community after 1.1 is released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
after 1.1 the comumunity wont really die. sure though some people might leave, the admins are gone but that doesnt mean the community will die.

there can be thoudsands or millions of updates to the game so it can still be enjoyable.

you can update graphics, gameplay, characthers, levels, diffrent game modes, etc. this can go on forever

look at the game counter strike millions of people around the world still play this game.

have you ever heard of the game WWF No Mercy for N64? people still update and hack that game by adding new wrestlers and adding new gameplay.

on release i saw that some guy made a Super smash bros ver of SRB2.
as long as people keep updatiung SRB2 wont die off.

There's a chance, but SRB2 already will HAVE all the cool stuff once 1.1 comes out... thus, it will be hard to think up original ideas.

RgxSuperSonic said:
furyhunter600 said:
There's a chance, but SRB2 already will HAVE all the cool stuff once 1.1 comes out... thus, it will be hard to think up original ideas.

not really...

I can think up riginal ideas when I really want to...and the thought of SRB2 dying... :eek:

It would make me really want to...

furyhunter600 said:
I beg to differ.

the fact is.. even when 1.1 comes out its not gonna be perfect its not gonna have everything thats why its always going to be updated

or it will be perfect, AND EVERYONE WILL BE PLAYING IT FOR A YEAR!(sorry i hit the caps lock :D )
after a year we will all move on and go to other websites like nwegrounds.

shadow the fox said:
or it will be perfect, AND EVERYONE WILL BE PLAYING IT FOR A YEAR!(sorry i hit the caps lock :D )

You're kidding, right? Tell me you're kidding. We probably won't be interested in SRB2 a couple years from now. But the next generation of SRB2 users should find it new and interesting long after we lose interest.

How would we determine a generation of SRB2 users? I'd say the first generation would be the first 100 users on the Message Boards...Of which I would be if I had joined when I started playing SRB2. x_x Hopefully, there will be many generations to come. It's a bit too optimistic, but I think it may outlive the official Sonic Games.

Zeshiro said:
shadow the fox said:

You're kidding, right? Tell me you're kidding. We probably won't be interested in SRB2 a couple years from now. But the next generation of SRB2 users should find it new and interesting long after we lose interest.

How would we determine a generation of SRB2 users? I'd say the first generation would be the first 100 users on the Message Boards...Of which I would be if I had joined when I started playing SRB2. x_x Hopefully, there will be many generations to come. It's a bit too optimistic, but I think it may outlive the official Sonic Games.

well, many online games are still played to this day and with the many updates and wads coming out, how can you be bored!?

It's failed many times before, but howabout a community WAD project of Single Player/REAL Coop levels? It would likely fail, but if it succeeds the community will extend to the newer members discussing strategies to beat levels and getting top times...

Lets see some example's of what you can do.....

-thousands of new levels.....
-a lot of cool mods, like a remake of SA, SA2, SH, SW, and stuff.....
-millions of netgames (I'm talking about total netgames)
-thousands of new users
-quite a lot of new characters.
-new game improvements by fans.
-SRB3! It won't happen with these admins, but maybe some fans will start it.

But yes, SRB2 will die once......

Psh, SRB3? Yeah, right.

Problem is, I think we need some smarter new people to joineth into our community and start making WADs and such. If our community is larger, then SRB2 won't die out so fast, now, would it?

And making more unique/cool levels will force people to try new things rather than doing the same old stuff, which is also a good thing. We could maybe take full advantage of the slopy SRB2 engine to make some very advanced levels if "everything" has been done :o

Oh, and I repeat. Open Source. Yeah. I don't need to say more, I guess.

RgxSuperSonic said:
Zeshiro said:
shadow the fox said:

well, many online games are still played to this day and with the many updates and wads coming out, how can you be bored!?

It's not that it won't be fun, just most of us will have moved on with our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back