What was your first Video Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here still play Sonic R or no? Cuz, I do. Even though I play it without the disk and no music plays. I have the sound track and all. *drinks soda* gotta get that Super Sonic as Tails Doll. o.o

Yes, I played. The OST is beautiful.

My first video game ... I'll assume it was a megadrive/genesis Sonic game. Yes, it was Sonic The Hedgehog 1.
Ah ... those were good times to play the megadrive with a big stick-joystick on a TV that takes up space but which has a small screen.
Until I found the code to choose the level, I never went until Spring Yard Zone ! I was little, I must have 7-8 years at that time. Now I finish this game with closed eyes, of course.

Nice topic.

Last edited:
Sorry for the bumb, but my first was LEGO Alpha Team. It's still quite some fun today, using my mind and finding alternate ways, and i've found COMPETELY different ways. Like in double trouble, (part of goo caverns) i used timing to get radia past the guards, while that guy who operates electric generators, (i forgot his name) did NOTHING!...

good memories.

Last edited:
I think my first video game was either the PC version of Sonic 3 or one of the games in Sega Smash Pack. Which means I probably played Sonic 2 first. So it was either Sonic 2 or Sonic 3. I'm thinking the latter.

And, no, I couldn't clear Carnival Night Zone. I didn't have a manual and I doubt it told you how to get past the spinning barrels anyway. =p

I know after these two games, my 3rd game was probably Shining Force I.

Last edited:
First game i ever saw or even watched someone play was a game on the Super Nintendo. Looking back on it, I think it was the first Earthworm Jim. That was around 1998 I believe. I still have a videotape my dad recorded of me and my cousins just blankly staring at the screen like some sort of zombie. After that, I played all sorts of Nintendo 64 games whenever I visited my relatives houses. My first owned game was a demo disc from Sony and that 3D Frogger game for PS1 that was actually good.

First game I've played?

The Original Sonic The Hedgehog 1, not any ports, on the Sega Genesis.

It was awesome, despite Labyrinth Zone was kicking me down a cliff every time I started an Act.

It was just thrilling to use the momentum physics to gain more speed, considering Sonic on foot is slow in the Classics.

Nowadays we have Sonic boosting into enemies, which is payback for all the times in Sonic games where I couldn't kill a certain enemy, such as the Slicer in Sonic 2 which is found quite easy to kill now in Sonic 4 Episode 1 with the Homing Attack.

Kirby's Adventure on NES. First Sonic game was Mega Collection. If you don't count that for some reason, then it'd be Sonic Heroes.

The earliest game I can remember playing is Tie Fighter

It was certainly an unusual introduction to gaming as a child, to be thrown straight into a complicated flight simulator. And I was suitably terrible at it for an incredibly long time until I came back to that game a few years ago and finally finished it.

Last edited:
My first PC game was "FREDDI FISH"
oW57Y.jpg

Umm....IDK, but I think my first game was Sonic Riders (if you're a bit confused, I'm 12.) when I first got my PlayStation 2. That's all. :P

My first video game was either Mega Man 8 or Crash Bandicoot, still love playing those two games even to this day.

Umm....IDK, but I think my first game was Sonic Riders (if you're a bit confused, I'm 12.) when I first got my PlayStation 2. That's all. :P

I am confused.

Sonic Riders came out in 2005, 12 years ago was 2000???

Anyways my first video game was actually Sonic 2. The only video game I ever played with my dad. Before I stopped visiting him, he would brag about that one time we actually beat all four multiplayer levels.

My first video game I played actively enough to remember vividly was probably either Crash Team Racing or the Rugrats PS1 game, "Search for Reptar".

He would have been 5 when it came out then, Thundernova.
--
Counting PC and edutainment? I dunno, my oldest memories are Busytown, maybe Odell Down Under and the Amazon Trail.

My real first video game was Sonic 3. I'd play Sonic and my dad would be Tails. We actually got Sonic and Knuckles and beat S3K as knuckles before I ever got past Carnival Night as Sonic. When mom and dad finally called the helpline to figure out how to get past the barrel, I remember it was a whole new experience. It was so weird playing Launch Base differently (and surprise, killer arms). I remember Death Egg took forever to master.

I hated the special stages, I would usually beat the game and then go back over and over and over again just to win one stage at a time. That yellow and blue stage for the seventh emerald drove me crazy, and I had trouble figuring out the seventh super emerald. Now they're possibly my favorite special stage format in the franchise.

We always though Knuckles was awesome even though he was the bad guy (but wasn't). We also thought he was a girl because he was pink. Then we decided he and Knuckles were guys and Tails was the girl. I would playact the story that I interpreted from Sonic 3 while bouncing on the couch listening to the sound test from Sonic 2.

I remember Doomsday was quite a shock when I finally unlocked it. It played totally different and I had no idea there was anything more since I usually beat the game as Tails and Knuckles. After a while, I got to where I could beat S3K and get all the emeralds in one sitting. I would do this to have level select open so that I could play with Lava Reef (my favorite level) whenever I wanted. Every time the save slots were lost because Sonic 3 was played by itself, I would groan and then proceed to spend the afternoon unlocking level select all over again.

And I've always liked the number 3. I've added it to my nickname to make my screenname. I think I have a good idea why. Its just a nice round number after all...

Weird, I thought I'd replied to this before.

Anyway, we've had video games around since I was, like, 1, so it was far too early for my memory-building to have actually kicked in yet. However, if I'm not mistaken, it was probably Super Mario Bros. - although I generally preferred Super Mario Bros. 2.

Does reader rabbit count?
Because if not, my first video game was Sega's 'Comix Zone', which I got for Windows 95. I was actually so young at the time that I remember having nightmares about this weird bat-like creature that had a motion as if to hook your character's face off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back