What videogame would you delete?

The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse. The point of the game is to go through different eras defeating the same evil witch over and over, which is honestly fine with me, but the variation in gameplay between eras are so small that it becomes a repetitive grindfest for levels that quickly gets old just do defeat the same end boss.

Mega Man 9. I'm not a very big fan of it's level design, and Inti-Creates staff spilled the beans recently that ZX3, or "ZXC" as they were calling it, got canceled mid-development in favor of staffing MM9's development. I adore the ZX games, so it infuriates me that we got MM9 instead.

MM9 being gone would probably cause all kinds of chain reactions within the games industry at large, but I have no doubts at all that ZXC would have been a much better game overall. Given the right marketing campaign and the effort to design it better than previous entries in the ZX series, ZXC had potential to even be the best game in the franchise, at least in my opinion. Instead we got MM9, a game that in my opinion is hard for all the wrong reasons if you aren't abusing items, and is regressive in the lack of a slide or charge shot.

Sonic 06 or Sonic Forces. If Sonic 06 hadn't been the disaster it was, maybe Sega would have kept the dreamcast/gamecube feeling on the following Sonic games, the simple story and childish writing of Sonic post 06 really makes me sad.

Sonic Forces was an absolute disappointment, it didn't do anything new, the plot was a mess, the levels were too short, classic sonic was terrible, and the "serious" tone of the game fell flat right in the beggining. To see that being released as the new mainline sonic just after Sonic Mania is depressing.

Mega Man 9. I'm not a very big fan of it's level design, and Inti-Creates staff spilled the beans recently that ZX3, or "ZXC" as they were calling it, got canceled mid-development in favor of staffing MM9's development. I adore the ZX games, so it infuriates me that we got MM9 instead.

MM9 being gone would probably cause all kinds of chain reactions within the games industry at large, but I have no doubts at all that ZXC would have been a much better game overall. Given the right marketing campaign and the effort to design it better than previous entries in the ZX series, ZXC had potential to even be the best game in the franchise, at least in my opinion. Instead we got MM9, a game that in my opinion is hard for all the wrong reasons if you aren't abusing items, and is regressive in the lack of a slide or charge shot.
While I certainly would have preferred ZXC, it's hard to argue that Capcom didn't make the correct choice. ZXA was one of the worst selling games in the entire Mega Man franchise, in spite of its high quality and following a moderately successful predecessor. Meanwhile, Mega Man 9 made the gaming public at large remember Mega Man even existed, and it did so with a game that perfectly harkened back to the franchise's roots. I won't say every level design decision in the game in the most "fair" choice, but I also don't think anything in the game goes beyond what the original NES titles threw at you. It ranks comparatively low for me compared to other "hardest Mega Man" games like Mega Man 1, Rockman & Bass, Mega Man X6, and even Mega Man 10.

Anyways, my answer for game to delete would have also been a bad idea and pleased fewer people, but screw it: eradicate Mega Man Battle Network from history. They're fine enough RPGs, but much of the staff that worked on them had previously worked on the Mega Man Legends franchise. It's far from a guarantee that we could have gotten Legends 3 if Battle Network hadn't replaced it as the third pillar of the Mega Man brand, but damn it, I can dream!

It ranks comparatively low for me compared to other "hardest Mega Man" games like Mega Man 1, Rockman & Bass, Mega Man X6, and even Mega Man 10.
Honestly I don't even find 10 to be hard. Even with easy mode turned off, MM10 always felt really fair to me. If I died it felt like my fault, as opposed to the game just being cheap. I don't die super often either, at least until the Wily stages. MM9 on the other hand feels cheap to me. It's design comes off to me as a "trial and error" progression style often where you have to die, memorize what killed you, and avoid it next time. A lot of the time I just felt compelled to cheat it by using Rush Jet because I was sick of it's crap.

You can brute force it by buying a bunch of items in the shop and using those in combination with Rush's abilities, but I don't count that as the game being fair or easy. I count that as being a really cheap, difficult game that's easy to cheese. I mention because I've seen people defend MM9 as an easy game based on the ease of being able to cheese it, and I really don't think it's a great defense.

Some of the classics sometimes gave me a similar feeling, especially early on. MM1 in particular is littered with all kinds of BS that punishes a new player. MM9 was something of a series revival though, it was meant to be a return to form. In that light, it feels rather regressive. It returns to it's roots for all the wrong reasons while stripping away most of what made some of the more recent games of the Classic series more tolerable. MM10 feels to me like a correction of that, at least mostly. The one complaint I do have for MM10 is that it still doesn't give Mega Man the Slide and Charge Shot. Even with Proto Man being squishy, he feels superior to Mega Man to me in both games, because he has both abilities plus a shield.

If MM11 had Proto Man and Bass as playables, it would probably be my favorite game in the Classic series. It does so much right in regards to fixing the issues with the previous two games. That's the one thing I feel is missing. I wouldn't even mind if they were post-game unlockables with no story or something, the lack of them being here just makes the game feel like something is missing after playing through 10 so many times.

Overall, I know that MM9 had huge ripples not just for Mega Man, but within the games industry overall. It could singlehandedly have the finger pointed at it for the mainstream trend of games being made in an 8-bit art style to cash in on nostalgia (Not that I'm knocking it for that, I quite like the art style myself, even if I prefer 16 and 32 bit graphics over it). Much of what we have now wouldn't exist without it. Especially MM10 and 11, which I love. However, that aside, I still can't help but overall dislike the game. That's why in addition to the knowledge that we got it instead of ZXC, I find it to be a really hard game to forgive.

Anyway wall of text over. I just felt like clarifying my viewpoint a bit, don't want to derail the thread too much.

Yooka-Laylee. Genuinely the worst waste of 40$ I've ever spent on a game
I was actually going to buy that game later on , how bad is it, I heard it's just banjo kazooie and I like banjo
Post automatically merged:

Also I would probably delete.......... Hmmmmmmm........... Tbh I would delete SONIC HEROES

I was actually going to buy that game later on , how bad is it, I heard it's just banjo kazooie and I like banjo
Its generally very empty and bland

The environments are big but it feels like there's absolutely nothing engaging to do, and the Pagey missions/tasks are just kinda boring
plus it kinda tries to emulate the banjo kazooie charm but really doesn't hit the mark at all

Its generally very empty and bland

The environments are big but it feels like there's absolutely nothing engaging to do, and the Pagey missions/tasks are just kinda boring
plus it kinda tries to emulate the banjo kazooie charm but really doesn't hit the mark at all
I enjoyed it in the time that I played it

I haven't actually beaten Yooka-Laylee yet, but I do own it on Steam and I've played a bit of it. It's nothing super amazing or mind blowing but I think it's generally pretty inoffensive. It feels like it gets bashed a bit too much in my opinion.

Sonic Mania. For reasons.
Why? That game is kewl. Also, put a link as to why.

Also I would probably delete a SpongeBob game I have for the PS3 called "Plankton's Robotic Revenge". The only thing I like about it is the boss music lol. Also I would probably delete Minecraft for PS3 if I was allowed because that one's obsolete.

I would also delete Roblox, but for different reasons. In short, the game has extremely predatory aspects. I'm shocked no one has gone to jail over it.
I like Roblox. But I'll need to watch this later. I watched like one second of it and I was like yeah I need to watch this shit lol.

Honestly none because every single one of the games I dislike had a butterfly effect in some fashion and are thus unreplaceable

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back