What makes a Noob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I see it... Newb is somebody just new, but asks other people and wants to be good as them. Noob is just new and pretty much idiot that ruins netgames and won't listen.

Noob = New Player

What makes a noob in my opinion is mostly 2 things
1.Never played the game before
2.Spaming alot and being annoying

There are many more ways but many players are noobs. And also people have different definitions, look it up and see.

I believe the perfect example of "noobs" in the SRB2 fandom would be the Skybase. A retarded "safe haven" for the lost souls that were once users on this lovely SRB2MB. They outright refused to listen to reason, given infraction after infraction, closed topics, and other things that led to them either quitting, or being banned.

The term "noob" does not need to apply to games, it can exist in many ways, from lifestyles, to sports, to, well, the internet. Someone learns of it in a certain way, and will outright refuse to accept any other means, regardless of the efficiency or sensibility.

When the term ends up being appropriate for a certain person is a big fat never. It is 2012, this term is basically another meme that has gone flat, and people still seem to be pumping air into it. Honestly, if I could e-Slap people, anyone who ever uses "noob" in the intended context would get it in a heartbeat.

I believe the perfect example of "noobs" in the SRB2 fandom would be the Skybase. A retarded "safe haven" for the lost souls that were once users on this lovely SRB2MB. They outright refused to listen to reason, given infraction after infraction, closed topics, and other things that led to them either quitting, or being banned.

I'm a user on there, I've barely been given any infractions on here, I listen to reason, and never have been banned so I guess I'm a noob right?

On a less tangential note. As many of the users above have already described, a 'noob' is one who is new to the game and does not particularly listen to reason or anyone else's advice. In a way I guess they're seen as the 'radicals' of Srb2. A majority of people see these individuals as jerks and dislike them for their rude or bad behavior.

Now I've also seen people use the term newb. Not to be confused with the term noob, the word newb means one who is new to the game, but is good enough to follow community guidelines and willing to cooperate according to the rules. To me these are seen as, sort of, the 'citizens' of Srb2 or ones who rightly follow the rules. Many people have a better opinion about these people and instead of putting them down are likely to help them much more.

Don't take these reasons as official definitions of these terms since they are largely based on my opinions - then again so are some of the others - and in a way may be inaccurate. I, however, disagree on the naming of individuals using these terms since it usually creates strife with just the mere mention of the word in a game and in the end the only objective in a game is to play and have fun and strife is not fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back