What Is Your Favorite SRB2 Zone And Why?

Mr Kixx Reborn

Let's give it all we got!
The title speaks for itself, Also you can use stages from Previous Version like 1.09 or 2.1

Last edited:
It's kinda hard to me to choose one but I'd go with Castle Eggman because of the tension (it feels like the end of the game) and the overal medieval aesthetic (which is barely touched in the franchise outside of Hand Castle from Heroes).

I also love Techno Hills because I'm a big fan of technological and city themed levels in the franchise (since Spring Yard and Starlight Zone in Sonic 1)

2.1 Green Flower 2 mostly because of the awesome MIDI music and Techno Legacy Zone, just really great overall and wish it was still a main level

Personally, Arid Canyon is my favorite Zone, I like how open it is and the many routes there are, it is great to play with tails and fly over the map to explore and the music for both acts is simply the best of the game and the battle against fang in the second act is amazing, I play the Sonic games from Game Gear and Sonic the Fighters I even like Sonic Triple Trouble more than the genesis games

Personally, Arid Canyon is my favorite Zone, I like how open it is and the many routes there are, it is great to play with tails and fly over the map to explore and the music for both acts is simply the best of the game and the battle against fang in the second act is amazing, I play the Sonic games from Game Gear and Sonic the Fighters I even like Sonic Triple Trouble more than the genesis games
I also like the whole "Far West" style of this level (which was never in a Sonic game until Mania).

This may be surprising but my favorite is Deep Sea Zone, now it's kinda weird for me to enjoy and other type of water zone in a Sonic game(besides hydrocity in sonic 3), but it has a neat design, features, badniks and overall gameplay, it actually reminds me of hydrocity just a bit

Last edited:
You could say the first Act of Eggrock and the second, I love the Soundtrack, and how the level is designed, structured, everything! You can take everything from the Eggrock!

In regards to vanilla SRB2, I'd say probably 1.09.4's Greenflower Zone, both acts. It's got the best combination of easter eggs and exploration I can think of, and it's where I used to spend most of my time in game. 1.09.x's Techno Hill in general is probably the next best thing in nostalgia value for me.

Modded, I'd say probably Tempest Valley from Mystic Realm. It's got a fantastic combination of visual aesthetic and music giving it a really dramatic and ominous mood that I enjoy.

I think it's Castle Eggman. I really love how the theme is a medieval forest/castle, it's very different from anything of the classic games. The level design of the 2 acts are also pretty good (the level design of SRB2 in general is really good). However, I also like Red Volcano a lot. I love the level design and the aesthetics of Earth in the dinossaur era. But if I had to pick one, I'd have to pick Castle Eggman, there are 2 acts after all.

This may be surprising but my favorite is Deep Sea Zone, now it's kinda weird for me to enjoy and other type of water zone in a Sonic game(besides hydrocity in sonic 3), but it has a neat design, features, badniks and overall gameplay, it actually reminds me of hydro city just a bit
2.1's DSZ was annoying (especially act 1) but 2.2 improved it so much.

Castle Eggman of 2.2, mostly due to the sheer impressiveness of Act 2: Act 2's literally a massive castle. On top of that, looking into it's development history is also interesting. Went from being a random castle in GFZ at night to... this.

Mine is prob RVZ, It's just fun to go through, my favorite act is TLZ, It's very tiny and it has an Emerald Token.

both acts of techno hill on 2.2 by far. Gives me the same feeling as a sort of alternate reality marble zone
They're also just super smooth to play except for the end of act 2

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back