What is your favorite Sonic Fan Game (you can record that)

I would suggest changing it to something less distracting. It seems to be causing this thread to derail.

Regarding the subject of this thread, my favorite fangame is probably the Sonic Chaos remake demo. Though incomplete, it brought a lot of new ideas to the table that make Turquoise Hill a lot more interesting. Sonic Chaos was my first real exposure to Sonic, and I was very excited to see the game get some love.

I remember being impressed by the Sonic Chaos remake demo. I haven't kept tabs on how its development is going, though.
After SRB2, my favourite fangame is probably Ultimate Flash Sonic. It's quite short and not the best (especially by modern standards) but it's quite sentimental to me as it's what introduced me to the Sonic franchise (and also probably the reason why I generally prefer fangames over official titles). I'm also a fan of Tails: Cosmic Rush and Eggman Hates Furries.

My Favourites Are SRB2 And Sonic After the sequel.
Post automatically merged:

My Favourites Are SRB2 And Sonic After the sequel.

Other than SRB2 and SRB2 Kart? Sonic Utopia, Sonic Storm, Sonic Before and After The Sequel, Sonic Time Twisted, and Sonic Smackdown

My overall favorite will probably always be SRB2 due to the decades of dedication that has been poured into it. Nothing else in the Sonic community comes close to comparing to how long STJr has been at it, for better or for worse and even if the individual devs working on it haven't always been the same. SRB2 has brought generations of fans together and has generations of talent poured into it, and that's something truly special.

However, I would also like to give a special shoutout to Sonic P-06 for likewise being a historical landmark within the Sonic community. Sonic 06 was woefully unfinished on release due to strict deadlines, and now finally after all these years we have a nearly complete fanmade remake of the game that is managing to fix most of the issues with the retail product. Thanks to the hard work the P-06 team is pouring into the project, Sonic 06 is going from one of the worst Sonic games of all time, to one of the best. It might even be enough to get SEGA and Sonic Team's attention that the design elements weren't the issue with Sonic 06, but rather the tight deadline for release. It's an important page flip in this chapter of Sonic history regarding the importance of giving your meals time to cook properly if you want to grow up strong and healthy.

However, I would also like to give a special shoutout to Sonic P-06 for likewise being a historical landmark within the Sonic community. Sonic 06 was woefully unfinished on release due to strict deadlines, and now finally after all these years we have a nearly complete fanmade remake of the game that is managing to fix most of the issues with the retail product. Thanks to the hard work the P-06 team is pouring into the project, Sonic 06 is going from one of the worst Sonic games of all time, to one of the best. It might even be enough to get SEGA and Sonic Team's attention that the design elements weren't the issue with Sonic 06, but rather the tight deadline for release. It's an important page flip in this chapter of Sonic history regarding the importance of giving your meals time to cook properly if you want to grow up strong and healthy.
Fun fact about P-06 creator ChaosX:

Back in those early 2000s, ChaosX wanted to play Sonic 06 but he didnt had any console at his home.He knew the game was trash,but he still wanted to play it,despite its trashiness.

And at the beggining of 2020s, ChaosX started P-06 so you could play a better version of the game (as if Sonic 06 was never a bad game) on your PC.

Fun fact about P-06 creator ChaosX:

Back in those early 2000s, ChaosX wanted to play Sonic 06 but he didnt had any console at his home.He knew the game was trash,but he still wanted to play it,despite its trashiness.

And at the beggining of 2020s, ChaosX started P-06 so you could play a better version of the game (as if Sonic 06 was never a bad game) on your PC.
I think Yuji Naka saw the writing on the wall and that was the real reason he left in the middle of making Sonic 06. I don't think anything will ever top Sonic Adventure 2. It feels like the real ending to the series as a whole.

I think Yuji Naka saw the writing on the wall and that was the real reason he left in the middle of making Sonic 06. I don't think anything will ever top Sonic Adventure 2. It feels like the real ending to the series as a whole.
I mean,SA2 was being worked by 10 people on a dead console,so that game is really suprising.

I mean,SA2 was being worked by 10 people on a dead console,so that game is really suprising.
Dreamcast wasn't dead while they were making it. Also it takes full advantage of the hardware as opposed to the first one which was originally going to be for the Saturn. It's like comparing Zelda BOTW to TOTK. BOTW was going to be exclusive for the Wii U and TOTK was made for the Switch from the get go. That's how I see it anyway. Also for being worked on by 10 people it was pretty darn amazing. Also toss in the guys who gave it that killer OST and you have more than just 10 people. You also have the voice actors, ect. Dreamcast stayed alive for a while due to online play still being a thing and games being so easy to burn to a CD and play on it. PSO helped keep it going.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back