What is your favorite song in video games ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogofenn

Pogo
The only other thread was about Sonic music, so I made this thread for people to post their favorite songs in ALL video games, not just Sonic games, and don't put Sonic the hedgehog music in here, put your post in the Sonic music thread.

My favorites......for now:
Super Mario RPG : Smithy Battle Phase 1
Banjo-Kazooie : Final boss theme
Super Mario Bros. : Overworld 1-1
Megaman 2 : Dr. Wily Stages 1/2
Megaman 1 : Yellow Devil Battle

What is Your favorite?

I know for a fact I won't be able to peg down a 'most favorite' video game song, so I'll just list a few that really struck out at me.

Klonoa 2 - King of Sorrow's Theme
This song hits the player at a very tense moment where they meet the King of Sorrow and learns why he was acting very indifferent towards everyone else. The entire scene is filled with raw emotion from all the characters present, and the song really reflects that.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - A Stranger I Remain
Okay, this one doesn't have any sort of emotional back up or anything. I just love the crap out of the wonderful blend of techno/rock vibes. This song easily made Mistral my favorite boss in the entire game.

Time to put the songs posted by other people here in a playlist for my amusement~

Also to contribute, a couple of video game songs that particularly stand out as being great in my opinion.

Bastion Soundtrack - Setting Sail, Coming Home (End Theme)
Bastion is one of my favourite games and this ending song was a fantastic way to bring it to a close. It fits the tone of the ending perfectly and is just generally a mighty fine song to play on its own, too.

The Wonderful 101 - Theme Song This song is glorious, it's so fun and deliberately cheesy. I love it to pieces for being so over the top and how it occasionally kicks in during key moments of the game so you too can experience the joy of an all male chorus singing about how amazing you are at playing this game.

Still Alive (Mirrors Edge OST) I've had this song in my day to day music playlist since the game came out, that was 6 years ago.

I actually found someone else that acknowledges Ape Escape's existance! brb crying tears of joy

Speaking of Ape Escape though...
Ape Escape 3 - Eversummer Island
If you haven't nailed down the fact I like trance/drum and bass music this might do it. I played lots of Ape Escape when I was young, so this might explain why.

The World Ends With You - Calling
All of the music in this game is based off the idea you're actually roaming the streets of Shibuya and it works so well. I read in Nintendo Power (while it was still going) that the music actually took up the most space in the actual cartridge for the game, and in my opinion that space was really well spent.

Prinny: Can I Really be The Hero? - Tower of Ice
This song has a lot of determination in it, and really likes to keep the player going even after your 128th death (you get 1000 lives, and you may need every single one). Also, that bass.

Crisis Core - The Price of Freedom
This song is the game's centerpiece as well as a very emotional composition on its own. In cutscenes, it conveys a poignant, almost fading sense of friendship. In the final bout, however, it plays a much more heart wrenching role.

Crisis Core - Those Who Accept the Protection of the Stars
One of my favorite boss themes. Coupled with the scene immediately before the battle, it serves as one heck of a driver. The strained tension is palpable for the player.

Danganronpa - Climax Reasoning
This music plays when summarizing the events of a case. Stagnant yet empowering.

Wind Waker - Windfall Island
It's the only "standard" town in the game, so you're bound to get it stuck in your head sooner or later.

Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time
This tune is the only one from the game to really stick with me. It did an excellent job at conveying the feel of a forgotten society of superiors.

Danganronpa - Climax Reasoning
This music plays when summarizing the events of a case. Stagnant yet empowering.
This piece was so powerful the first time. It still is thereafter, but nothing beats the feeling of putting together a story and solving a mystery for the first time.

The game in general just boasts a lot of great tracks. Probably my favorite next to Persona 3 and 4 Golden.

This is probably going to be a random addition in comparison to the rest, but back when I was a kid a played Bionicle: The Video Game. Standard movie-to-game affair that could have been worse and it wasn't really remarkable, but it had some memorable tracks and this was one of them. Some nice usage of violins, which fit in greatly with soaring and platforming above and around the dark depths of a strange and alien forest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G1F3YlLa3Y&list=PL49C3E5C7628AE6A6&index=17

Bionicle: The Video Game.

I am getting waaaay too many nostalgia blasts here. ;w;

Bionicle: The Game - Po-Wahi Mines
When I was a kid I always liked Pohatu the best out of all the heroes, and was somewhat upset to have only a tiny bit of platforming and suddenly a minecart section out of nowhere and that was it.

WipEout HD Fury - Le Night Dominator (Radio Edit)
R.I.P. Studio Liverpool. I will forever miss blowing people up with earthquakes on roads that defy physics while listening to amazing techno music (to be honest I'm terrible at this game).

Scott Pilgrim vs The World - Another Winter
It's funny because I lived in Ontario once! Of course, I totally beat people up with a suitcase filled with money in the middle of winter wearing only a t-shirt and jeans.

Last edited:
I am getting waaaay too many nostalgia blasts here. ;w;

Bionicle: The Game - Po-Wahi Mines
When I was a kid I always liked Pohatu the best out of all the heroes, and was somewhat upset to have only a tiny bit of platforming and suddenly a minecart section out of nowhere and that was it.
You could say Pohatu... got shafted.

But yeah, I was pretty disappointed too, but I preferred his original design more even as a kid. Some case with Kopaka, but I found his snowboarding to be significantly more fun.

Also, to add onto Wipeout, this is a must-have track from the Fury add-on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlnWfERAW24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back