What is your Email client?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plain Gmail, and Gmail's site as my client. For some reason, every time I set an e-mail client for Gmail, it can't connect, the only reason I'm NOT using Thunderbird as my client. :|

It seems gmail is the majority here. I'm no exception, it's a great email service. I just use the browser interface and their own notifier to tell me when new messages come in.

I used to use fastmail, but my address there became such a large target for spam that I had to move on to a new service. I do get a boatload of spam at my gmail address, but it does such a good job diverting it that I'd never notice anyway.

Haha, I laugh at your pitiful free email web services :|

I use my ISP's email service, which has pop3 and smtp, so no webmail here. ^_^
Occasionally I use my @realmzonline.net email but nobody knows it so it's only for problems really.

I use Mailwasher Pro Registered (It doesn't download, just allows you to see the emails and delete viral emails) and Thunnnnndeerrrbiiiirdd!
Dang, 2.0, beta, come, to, me!

Hmmm, there's a lot of free email services out there, yet not many support Pop3 and SMTP?

Maybe I should set one up that supports webmail and Pop/smtp... O.o

I primarily use my ISP's e-mail service, for personal stuff. I also have one Gmail account as a throwaway for spam, and another one as a secondary e-mail to my ISP one.

As for the program, I use Outlook 2007. It's quite neat :).

cueball61 said:
Hmmm, there's a lot of free email services out there, yet not many support Pop3 and SMTP?

Gmail supports POP. Don't think it does SMTP, though.

I have hotmail/msn.
I upgraded to the new beta inbox and got 2gb inbox :D

I use msn for the sole purpose that i coulnt be bothered checking the website every 5 mins for new mail.

Dark Warrior said:
Plain Gmail, and Gmail's site as my client. For some reason, every time I set an e-mail client for Gmail, it can't connect, the only reason I'm NOT using Thunderbird as my client. :|
Dark Warrior said:
Gmail supports POP. Don't think it does SMTP, though.
You've got to enable POP access in GMail's preferences, and it does support SMTP (which is nice). Note that it uses SSL for POP and SSL or TLS for SMTP, though. They've got a nice FAQ page for setting up e-mail clients: here's Thunderbird's.

Standard Yahoo!. TONS of space, great spam filter, it's free and the interface is really nice. I've been using it for years now and I've yet to find any reason to switch to any other service, really.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Standard Yahoo!. TONS of space, great spam filter, it's free and the interface is really nice. I've been using it for years now and I've yet to find any reason to switch to any other service, really.

Thats same way I feel about Gmail. I get 2789 MB of space and one great spam filter.

Chaos said:
I use Comcast cable.
I only use Aim.

By comcast you mean the isp?

I love comcast, my dad has it in the US and on holidays I get to go there and when I'm there the internets good but people say it sucks?

Well let me tell those people something. Sympatico SUCKS much more.
I have to hard reset my modem like every 10-60 minutes to keep it working.

Anyway I use Hotmail only and it seems that the new update just recently made my hotmail acounnt stop working. I'm pretty mad, I think I'm gooing to switch to Gmailbecause I like GAIM(is gaim from gmail?)

GAIM is an Instant Messenger program that supports multiple networks, including IRC.

Gmail is Google run mail, which is an excellent service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back