what is the best 2D sonic game in your opinion

All of them are great except Sonic 1 and Sonic 4 Episode 1.
Sonic 1 is just a lot rougher in my opinion.

TBH. I never played sonic CD, But I did play mania and S3&K both are amazing games tho if we think about it sonic mania is technically a fangame. I don't know if it counts or not. however fangame or not. I love both S3&K and mania equally

my top 5 would be:

#1: Sonic3 & knuckles

#2: sonic mania

#3: sonic CD (soundtrack carries this game HARD)

#4: sonic 2

#5: sonic 1

I would put superstars in this list but that game had sonic4 level design with most of its levels.

I also should say (if this isn't obvious) that I love all of these games I just wanted to list in order what games I liked more.

Edit: sonic 1 is a good game, Its that most levels just didn't know how to use sonic's physics right until sonic 2 and 3.
(Marble zone is still my favorite zone by the music and style.)

I would put superstars in this list but that game had sonic4 level design with most of its levels.
Wdym it had Sonic 4 level design? Because if your talking about the Emerald Powers basically being the Homing Attack Chain from Sonic 4 (Where your constantly homing enemies), I can see why.

He didn't said anything about hating Sonic 2?
no I meant why do people not appreciate it like other 2D sonic games. it was the game that brought new things to the table. like super say- coughs sonic. and tails his sidekick. and was an amazing game that got 2 of it's zones remade in mania. heck it was meant to be a bigger game. sonic CD and sonic 2 were meant to be 1 game. until the development was cut and it became 2 because of the Sega CD.

it was always meant to be a bigger deal and had so much cut zones. a lot and I mean it A LOT.
edit. I'm talking about the 1992 port

no I meant why do people not appreciate it like other 2D sonic games. it was the game that brought new things to the table. like super say- coughs sonic. and tails his sidekick. and was an amazing game that got 2 of it's zones remade in mania. heck it was meant to be a bigger game. sonic CD and sonic 2 were meant to be 1 game. until the development was cut and it became 2 because of the Sega CD.

it was always meant to be a bigger deal and had so much cut zones. a lot and I mean it A LOT.
edit. I'm talking about the 1992 port
People don't have like it, you know like it's called having a opinion

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back