What if Sonic stopped being made?

At least it was Sega and not Sonic Team, because Sega is well kinda dead. But Sonic Team is staying strong. Am I right?(prob not I mean look at Sonic forces)

At least it was Sega and not Sonic Team, because Sega is well kinda dead. But Sonic Team is staying strong. Am I right?(prob not I mean look at Sonic forces)
Sonic Team doesn't even exist anymore as a separate dev group.

Also sorta doesn't make sense considering Sonic Team was a development group within SEGA, but eh.

Even the worst Sonic fangame is somehow better than Sega's worst Sonic game.
Dang that was brutal, but true. Man I really hope Sonic isn't dead. I mean he'll never die, but ya'll know what I mean. We fans are keeping this franchise alive, and that scares me.

Dang that was brutal, but true. Man I really hope Sonic isn't dead. I mean he'll never die, but ya'll know what I mean.
Truth is almost always brutal.

And honestly Sonic cannot really die because he had a big impact on pop culture (like The Simpsons in a way).
We fans are keeping this franchise alive, and that scares me.
Why being scared? You should be happy because we are helping.

Truth is almost always brutal.

And honestly Sonic cannot really die because he had a big impact on pop culture (like The Simpsons in a way).

Why being scared? You should be happy because we are helping.
I know, but if the fans are keeping a franchise alive then something is wrong. I wish the devs would slow down and release and get this a good game.

I know, but if the fans are keeping a franchise alive then something is wrong. I wish the devs would slow down and release and get this a good game.
Yea, uh, if the fans are the ONLY thing keeping the franchise alive, then something has gone horribly wrong, and MAYBE, if the company is still alive and putting games out, they need to reconsider what they are doing.

Which is hopefully what they're currently doing.

Even the worst Sonic fangame is somehow better than Sega's worst Sonic game.
That can’t possibly be true. I think it’s pretty fair to say that Sonic 06 has a lot more redeeming qualities than the original Sonic Robo Blast

That can’t possibly be true. I think it’s pretty fair to say that Sonic 06 has a lot more redeeming qualities than the original Sonic Robo Blast
Yea, gonna have to stand with Chezi here. Sonic fans are just as capable of screwing up big time. There's plenty of fangames worse than the worst Sonic games out there. Even now, there's fangames and ROM hacks made that mess up just as much if not more that are being made and released, we just don't hear of them as much because nobody likes them, and want them to be forgotten.

Last edited:
Or even better, not touch it so they won't do damages anymore.
Post automatically merged:

Hard disagree, Sonic 2006 is worse than SRB1 (because at least SRB1 wasn't marketed as a AAA game with a princess kissing a hedgehog that ended up being very buggy because it got rushed)

Hard disagree, Sonic 2006 is worse than SRB1 (because at least SRB1 wasn't marketed as a AAA game with a princess kissing a hedgehog that ended up being very buggy because it got rushed)
You know that’s a terrible argument when your only proof is that 06 is a buggy AAA game with a couple questionable cutscenes. We’re talking about actual gameplay here, not how much money goes into it

You know that’s a terrible argument when your only proof is that 06 is a buggy AAA game with a couple questionable cutscenes. We’re talking about actual gameplay here, not how much money goes into it
Nope Sega was real scummy to release a broken game. They knew it was broken before they released it and still did so, and they still made their money from people that did not know it was nearly unplayable.

Its not a matter of if sega was or wasn't scummy doing that, the matter is Sonic 06 is way better than SRB1, people tend to just focus on the bad things about this game, like the Sonic story, but forget the Shadow one, that is incredible, also the Iblis final boss was awesome, the introduction of 2 of the most loved character nowadays, Silver and Blaze, the best villan in the franchise for almost everyone, and probably more.
tho, thats not the matter, sonic 06 IS playable, and SRB1 isn't. Like Chezi said, its about the gameplay, not how much money goes into it, or in this case, its about gameplay, not about SEGA being scummy or not..

Its not a matter of if sega was or wasn't scummy doing that, the matter is Sonic 06 is way better than SRB1, people tend to just focus on the bad things about this game, like the Sonic story, but forget the Shadow one, that is incredible, also the Iblis final boss was awesome, the introduction of 2 of the most loved character nowadays, Silver and Blaze, the best villan in the franchise for almost everyone, and probably more.
tho, thats not the matter, sonic 06 IS playable, and SRB1 isn't. Like Chezi said, its about the gameplay, not how much money goes into it, or in this case, its about gameplay, not about SEGA being scummy or not..
And either way, quality is just as capable of being screwed up. As you have said, SRB1 1.3f is arguably worse than '06, and it isn't alone. Fan games and ROM hacks come out ALL THE TIME that are as rushed, as mediocre, or even as bad as the current Sonic games. We just ignore them 90% of the time because people want to focus on the good, like SRB2. If you look hard enough, you can see that fans screw up all the time.

Nope Sega was real scummy to release a broken game. They knew it was broken before they released it and still did so, and they still made their money from people that did not know it was nearly unplayable.
If we’re going to talk about developers either not having enough time or not wanting to fix bugs, SRB1 is just as guilty of that. Many of the bugs, such as having a chance to get hit when attacking enemies or the random amount of invulnerability time you get after being hit come from Soniku either not knowing or being too lazy to fix them. There’s also all the really crappy sprites scattered throughout the game. You can’t say Earless is a good sprite when the whole reason we even talk about him is because he is a bad sprite. There’s also the fact that Knuckles doesn’t even have a swimming animation. Do you see the problems now? Soniku has even admired to all these bugs and glitches. He was aware of them and didn’t bother to do anything. Compare all of that to Sonic 06, which has good animations, decent cutscenes, and somewhat mediocre gameplay for Sonic’s story. Oh wait, that’s right. There’s two more stories as well as a final story you can play once beating the original three. So yeah, I’d say that Sonic 06 has a lot more redeeming qualities than one of the most well known fan games

And either way, quality is just as capable of being screwed up. As you have said, SRB1 1.3f is arguably worse than '06, and it isn't alone. Fan games and ROM hacks come out ALL THE TIME that are as rushed, as mediocre, or even as bad as the current Sonic games. We just ignore them 90% of the time because people want to focus on the good, like SRB2. If you look hard enough, you can see that fans screw up all the time.
For real, i was playing a hack rom of Sonic 1 where i could play with 2 Players as sonic and...
Oh god... grey Sonic just falls in every moment LOL

Please, stop defending Sonic 2006 because it doesn't deserve anything at all.

And Yuji Naka was also responsible for what this game has become as well.

The worst Sonic fangame ever at least had more soul and love from fans being put into it than the cold and corporate pseudo-AAA game we got.

Please, stop defending Sonic 2006 because it doesn't deserve anything at all.

And Yuji Naka was also responsible for what this game has become as well.

The worst Sonic fangame ever at least had more soul and love from fans being put into it than the cold and corporate pseudo-A
We are not defending 06, I'm telling that even with it's massive flaws, it HAS good things, like I mentioned earlier,SRB1 just doesn't have that much more memorable things besides earless strange sprites, and probably one more thing that I can't remember, that's the thing, sonic 06 IS a bad game, but has good things like I mentioned earlier, that's it, tho, this thread is not for talking about 06.

Sonic '06 was the franchises lowest point. The dev team that where organically working on it dropped it mid way, because of lack of time. And Sega wanted to continue it even tho they had less than a year to do so. I'm aware of the good things in this game, but it doesn't make up for the fact of the games background and how it came to be. Sonic '06 had a huge dev team at first, but they wanted to drop it on the Wii. And this didn't work very well, so they split the dev team. One side working '06 for the PlayStation and Xbox 360, and the other working on Sonic and the secret of the rings.

The game was rushed for the 15 anniversary, and The dev team had a hard time meeting the deadline. So they started to take out core elements of the game. I'm aware the game has love, but that isn't enough to cover up the fact that they released a broken game that was barely playable. And this was supposed to Launch the series in a new direction, and I suppose it did. We haven't had many great Sonic games since then. Comparing a fan game with a very small dev team to a AAA title made by a massive corporation isn't very fair.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 hurt the franchise, and I'm still not sure it can ever recover. It almost did with Sonic Unleashed, but then they released Sonic 4 Ep 1 and Sonic Colors, and then the amazing Sonic Generations. That was the start of a trend that Sega keeps doing Remakes.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back