What happened to sonic XG?

Jonster

yes yes hello
If your familiar with older sonic fangames, then you probaly recognize sonic XG. It was a fangame that went throught alot of changes during its development. If you want to know all about it, here's a link for it's page on sonic retro: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw1jbGOWytGEmt0BgY-fzYnX

The only thing that is really known about why the game disappeared is an e-mail from Euan (the games developer). While the e-mail itself is long-gone, there is a comment on one of his preview videos, wich lists a very important part of it. I can't find the original comment, but I DO remember what the details were. Basically, he was born without a few organs, and that obviously played a part on why the game hasn't been finished yet. It seem's like nobody really knows if the game was cancelled, if it's still going, or even if Euan is still alive. But, if you have any info, it would be greatly appreciated if you posted it.

EDIT 2: I now know how to change thread names, so the intended title is finaly there.

Last edited:
Man, Sonic XG is a great game. Now it's just faded away into mediocrity in the Sonic fan base, If that makes any sense.

Man, Sonic XG is a great game. Now it's just faded away into mediocrity in the Sonic fan base, If that makes any sense.

Yeah, I guess your right. But atleast there is the possibility of it making a grand comeback or something idk

The fangame with a similar title screen theme to Robo Blast 2?
What I loved the most about it was the fact that you

basically started the game at the end of Sonic 3&Knuckles[/quote]

and was basically a better Sonic 4 than the official one.

I always thought it was just a benchmark for Whitehead's new engine.

What do you mean by fading into mediocrity? It still looks better than many games that came out these last two decades.

What do you mean by fading into mediocrity? It still looks better than many games that came out these last two decades.

I worded it wrongly. I ment to say it was more or less abandoned/forgotten in a way. I haven't seen anyone talk about it as much.

The fangame with a similar title screen theme to Robo Blast 2?
What I loved the most about it was the fact that you

basically started the game at the end of Sonic 3&Knuckles

and was basically a better Sonic 4 than the official one.

I always thought it was just a benchmark for Whitehead's new engine.
For it being both a better Sonic 4 and a benchmark for the star engine, it succeeded quite well. The way it utilizes metal AND builds off the ending for sonic 3 & Knux is absolutely genius, and a testament of how great it is.

Last edited:
Given the very long radio silence from Euan and their long record of ill health, I wouldn't hold out hope on this game. I do hope they are doing okay though, but if they are alright I imagine it might be hard for them to work on this game in their spare time.

As you're interested in your Sonic XG trivia, there was this soundtrack posted in 2015 of when it was a combined project between Sonic XG, Retro Sonic and Sonic Nexus however.

Well, I've never seen that before. Thanks for sharing!

By the way, folks, I saw on the forums "Sonic Retro" that, one of the developers of Sonic XG, namely Joe Waters, visited the forums on February 16 this year. This means that the game is still being developed. And yes, I meant to say that Toasty and Kamanda Developers are working on the game. Toasty is a person with an avatar of bread, and he left a couple of comments under the gameplay of Sonic XG. And Kamanda developers is like me does not change memory, it helps all sorts of games financially. If anything, I learned the information from the comment under 4 previews of the :)

I member when "member" was spelled "remember"

I thought Sonic XG was finished years ago, guess I was getting mixed up with another fangame?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back