What do you think of the games of the franchise not starring with sonic do you think they should return

Spin-off games starring side characters would be an excellent way for SEGA to experiment with alternative gameplay formulas that might not be suited for Sonic's mainline series. The reason SEGA probably doesn't do this is because Sonic as a character is much easier to market.

Spin-off games starring side characters would be an excellent way for SEGA to experiment with alternative gameplay formulas that might not be suited for Sonic's mainline series. The reason SEGA probably doesn't do this is because Sonic as a character is much easier to market.
They tried but those game weren't well received despite having a slightly different gameplay.

I would also dare to say that if Unleashed's Night stages were with Knuckles in an entirely separate game they would also complain about it.

They tried but those game weren't well received despite having a slightly different gameplay.

I would also dare to say that if Unleashed's Night stages were with Knuckles in an entirely separate game they would also complain about it.
If you’re referring to games like Tails Adventure, that was because it was just a bad game on Game Gear. If you’re referring to Shadow, that was still a mainline Sonic game
Post automatically merged:

I think what Cobalt meant was making the Sonic equivalent to Luigi’s Mansion, Yoshi’s Island, and Wario Land. It’s a side series that focuses on a separate character and either can or cannot contribute to the main story. A hack and slash featuring Knuckles could explore more about the Echidna Clan and Knuckles’ backstory. A puzzle game featuring Tails could what Tails does when he’s not with Sonic. Heck, they could even go back and explore other characters and their worlds like Silver or Blaze by using a new gameplay formula. There’s endless possibilities for that with a cast this big

Last edited:

Dude fuck Knuckles, give that shit to Chaos 0. That would be lit.

If you’re referring to games like Tails Adventure, that was because it was just a bad game on Game Gear. If you’re referring to Shadow, that was still a mainline Sonic game
Post automatically merged:

I think what Cobalt meant was making the Sonic equivalent to Luigi’s Mansion, Yoshi’s Island, and Wario Land. It’s a side series that focuses on a separate character and either can or cannot contribute to the main story. A hack and slash featuring Knuckles could explore more about the Echidna Clan and Knuckles’ backstory. A puzzle game featuring Tails could what Tails does when he’s not with Sonic. Heck, they could even go back and explore other characters and their worlds like Silver or Blaze by using a new gameplay formula. There’s endless possibilities for that with a cast this big
Doesn't matter if it was a bad game or not, at the end it's just another forgotten GameGear game (like Skypatrol).

Also Shadow the Hedgehog is still a spinoff, one that isn't with Sonic (and to be honest I don't even consider it canon because it absolutely changed nothing about the series).

I'd even say that the entire game is stupid because Shadow being created with the blood of an alien that comes every 50 years but Shadow is also maybe or maybe not an android is completely contradicting the character.

Shadow should've stayed dead after SA2.

Dude fuck Knuckles, give that shit to Chaos 0. That would be lit.
No thanks, Chaos' story was wrapped up at the end of Adventure 1, no need to shoehorn the monster of the week back into the series (aside from bonus modes and spin-offs like SA2 Battle and Sonic Battle).

Chaos is criminally underused. So much potential for a cool character and they don't use it for much of anything.
Because it isn't needed anymore... It's like wanting to bring the Biolizard, Dark Gaia or the Time Eater back into the series.

PS: I don't get why you used the F-word toward one of the character that were in the series longer than Chaos and who was more relevant.
Knuckles is still >>> Chaos

Because it isn't needed anymore... It's like wanting to bring the Biolizard, Dark Gaia or the Time Eater back into the series.
Except unlike those other characters, Chaos actually works in a way it could be brought back as a re-occurring and even playable character. Chaos 0 is small and humanoid enough to be playable (and even is in SA2's multiplayer mode), and Chaos itself isn't inherently evil and just wants to defend the Chao. That alone is actually a great premise for a standalone Chaos game; The Chao Chaos is friends with have wandered off and gone missing, and Chaos needs to go on an adventure to find them.

There's a lot of gameplay potential for Chaos as well. It's ability to shapeshift and become liquid could be used for a giant variety of gameplay techniques that nobody else in the series would be capable of. It could make for a really interesting collectathon.

Doesn't matter if it was a bad game or not, at the end it's just another forgotten GameGear game (like Skypatrol).

Also Shadow the Hedgehog is still a spinoff, one that isn't with Sonic (and to be honest I don't even consider it canon because it absolutely changed nothing about the series).

I'd even say that the entire game is stupid because Shadow being created with the blood of an alien that comes every 50 years but Shadow is also maybe or maybe not an android is completely contradicting the character.

Shadow should've stayed dead after SA2.

No thanks, Chaos' story was wrapped up at the end of Adventure 1, no need to shoehorn the monster of the week back into the series (aside from bonus modes and spin-offs like SA2 Battle and Sonic Battle).

PS: I don't get why you used the F-word toward one of the character that were in the series longer than Chaos and who was more relevant.
Knuckles is still >>> Chaos
1. Instead of addressing the main topic at the moment (which is Spin-Offs introducing new gameplay), you decided to gripe about how Shadow the Hedgehog sucks and you don’t consider it canon.
2. Also instead of addressing the main topic, you talked about how Chaos shouldn’t be in a new game unless it’s in a spin-off, which is what we’re talking about anyway.
3. Cobalt said “Fuck Knuckles” in an obviously joking tone
Except unlike those other characters, Chaos actually works in a way it could be brought back as a re-occurring and even playable character. Chaos 0 is small and humanoid enough to be playable (and even is in SA2's multiplayer mode), and Chaos itself isn't inherently evil and just wants to defend the Chao. That alone is actually a great premise for a standalone Chaos game; The Chao Chaos is friends with have wandered off and gone missing, and Chaos needs to go on an adventure to find them.

There's a lot of gameplay potential for Chaos as well. It's ability to shapeshift and become liquid could be used for a giant variety of gameplay techniques that nobody else in the series would be capable of. It could make for a really interesting collectathon.
I absolutely agree with this. A Chaos game could become a really good collectathon

1. Instead of addressing the main topic at the moment (which is Spin-Offs introducing new gameplay), you decided to gripe about how Shadow the Hedgehog sucks and you don’t consider it canon.
2. Also instead of addressing the main topic, you talked about how Chaos shouldn’t be in a new game unless it’s in a spin-off, which is what we’re talking about anyway.
3. Cobalt said “Fuck Knuckles” in an obviously joking tone

I absolutely agree with this. A Chaos game could become a really good collectathon
Yes, Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) was bad and it would be better for the series if it is a non-canon game.

Chaos in Forces has proven that Sega doesn't even care about him anymore and that he's reduced as a cameo for anniversary games.

Jokes are hard to convey like that. I wouldn't say the F-word randomly.

A mobile game with chaos wouldn't be a problem.

Chaos on the other hand is a character from the past and should stay in the past.

Chaos on the other hand is a character from the past and should stay in the past.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but Chaos is still a wildly popular character within the series. It's probably the single most popular character that isn't part of the main re-occuring cast of characters. As such, a big budget game on modern systems focusing on Chaos could actually be hugely profitable, especially if it actually ends up being well designed. As I mentioned previously, Chaos is capable of a wide variety of actions that nobody else in the franchise could replicate, making it a hugely versatile and unique character. It can assume liquid form, solid form, can bounce and stretch, is capable of gliding and climbing like Knuckles, etc. This is very freeing for any potential game devs who are looking to take advantage of this wide range of actions through game design and possess the necessary imagination to do so.

In the first place, the history of shadow the hedgehog if it affects the franchise because two reasons first the history of shadow the hedgehog in sonic 2006 is linked to the end of shadow the hedgehog where he deside to forget his past and protect the earth reason for which he joins gun and second marks the appearance of the gun commander who would reappear in even if it is not canon sonic chronicles

secondly, it seems you didn't even play the game what Shadow is an android it's a lie that Eggman tells Shdow that's confirmed in the last story and does not contradict the character

Last edited:
Sonic may be an easier brand to market in SEGA's eyes... but I disagree. He has the same instantly recognizable energy of Mario in that one can look at most Sonic side characters and without actually knowing Sonic well, can safely guess "yeah, this is a Sonic game." I would love to see more side games that look into other genres! There's a few good examples.

Puzzle platformers on a whole are a neat genre SEGA doesn't dabble in too much anymore, so it'd be cool to give a game like that to one of the Sonic cast. Like, I actually really adored the Tails' Game Gear titles, having someone with a versatile moveset like Tails just opens up so many opportunities for puzzle platformer ideas! His flight in the main games always felt like "Sonic with easier platforming"... so why not give him levels that encourage him to fly and make it a challenge? That'd be super cool. It'd also be nice to see the locations in the Tails' games come back, honestly. And considering the rise of the Wario-like games like Antonball and Pizza Tower... it'd be really neat to give Knuckles or heck, Fang or even the Babylon Rogues a treasure hunting game! It'd feel pretty natural IMO, and it's another excuse to see if we can give Knuckles a hat again, aha! Knuckles' gameplay is just perfectly suited for it as his Adventure stages had him searching for the Master Emerald, and both the Rogues and Fang have the attitude for that kinda game, too. Maybe even make Fang the villain again!! On a very slightly related note, it'd be nice to see the Combi-Ring come back for a puzzle or two. Miss that gimmick and how chaotic it was!

Honestly, with Shadow's own game and how he played in '06... they should just make an insane action game like SEGA's own Bayonetta- or the Werehog stages from Unleashed- with Shadow. Put him in a room full of robots and give me a good combo system, and it'd be hella fun! They also don't have to go too edgy, since Bayo and that kind of game in general has a really over-the-top tone that wouldn't be too out of place in a Sonic spin-off game. He also has his Chaos powers, so there is so much potential for moves and the story could really go in any direction! I know SEGA would be really cautious about giving Shadow his own game again because of how the original bombed, but it has potential still to me. And like an above comment said, it doesn't even need to be Shadow at the helm. Amy has her hammer, and many other characters have abilities that can be used in a fighting setting! Heck, even a Warriors clone or straight up fighting game would be cool, but I digress.

Also, Chaos and the chao need more love. Where's my Chao Raising Simulator for mobile, dammit!?

I certainly don't want to see Chaos in the series because they'd ruin it (and the whole story with Tikal) like they did with Shadow and Maria.

Imagine if they brought back Chip in Colors just for fanservice while ignoring the events of Unleashed.

Tails and Knuckles are merely background characters that Sega only puts because they were there for the longest time so they won't have any chances to have their own game.

Even Classic Sonic got his own game, Mania (because yes, Classic is now an entirely separate character from Modern).

In the first place, the history of shadow the hedgehog if it affects the franchise because two reasons first the history of shadow the hedgehog in sonic 2006 is linked to the end of shadow the hedgehog where he deside to forget his past and protect the earth reason for which he joins gun and second marks the appearance of the gun commander who would reappear in even if it is not canon sonic chronicles

secondly, it seems you didn't even play the game what Shafow is an android it's a lie that Eggman tells Shdow that's confirmed in the last story and does not contradict the character
Actually it would've been much better if in Heroes they actually said that Shadow is a mere replica than letting things ambiguous for no reasons.

PS: Metal Sonic never got his own game sadly and Sonic 4 Episode Metal was more or less an useless side-story that didn't bring justice to him.

PPS: I'm glad SRB2 gave Metal more justice than Sega did in 15+ years.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back