What do you think about Next-Gen Sonic?

*poll*

• It will revolutionize Sonic... for the better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Same old... same old.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tertu

cheap spirit
I looked at the website and said:
Princess Elise: "You're a realistic human. Go away. We prefer SA's 1,500-poly-anime-y people, thank you very much."
Eggman: "I could count the hairs on your mustache if I wanted to. And you have black glasses. Go away."
Sonic: "You're still okay. You will always be cartoony, nothing they can do about that. Even if you are in some game where you are running through New York getting chased by paparazzi. Go back to South Island/Mobius, though, okay?"

Well, I liked it better when Tails was chibi and cute.
I liked it better when they weren't trying to make the characters seem "older"
I liked it better when they weren't wasting half the production time on graphics, and focused more on fixing up gameplay.
I liked it better when they weren't claiming to be going back to their roots, then adding all this crazy Flames of Disaster, Princess Elise, Ibliss Trigger, sorta crap. Was Eggman even after the Chaos Emeralds before SA?

Like the older being part. Like the town stages part. Love the extreme speed part. Love the upgrades part. Love the non-classic part. Plain love these enhanced abilities stuff. Love Sonic's serious not childish eyes part. Fell in love with the fact its going after SA again, instead of doing these SH-like stages only.

Hate the Iblis Trigger part. Hate the time travelling stuff part. Hate the fact that if you touch somebody, you'll lose all your rings. Important thing about that is that you lose all your build up speed!

I dunno, one of the things that has always bothered me about the 3D series was its lacking graphics. There wasn't any good shading on the characters, and they were a bit too low-poly for my tastes. I do agree with Princess Elise not fitting in, though.

Still, judging by people's impressions (Especially Game Informer's), this really won't bring the series forward by too much, gameplay-wise.

I'm looking forward to it, myself.

Think about it. We now have enemies that are actually SMART, and they can keep up with our Break-neck Speedz Now.

Freakin' L337.

The Return of Adventure Stages is a really good Idea, why constantly Play action Stages when you can Enjoy the Sights of Solinia?

Wootzordz

We can Now Play as Silver. I've never even heard of him, up until this Point. He has Telekenisis. Who doesn't leve Telekenisis? WHO I SAY?!

>_>;

My guess is, they're Probably going to keep all the Stages the Same, but each character has their Own Unique way of getting through.

*Hopeful*

TAILS FTW! Seriously, Tails is Back on his feet and doesn't have anyone Hindering his Flight Skillz. Hopefully they'll improve the Flight to Be like SADX (Or Maybe like SRB2. You never Know :wink: )

Whee!

The Final thing. Seeing as We get stories that are Being Interwoven with other Characters, they Might even bring back the Character VS. Character things.

=P

There's nothing too revolutionary about Sonic 2k6, I think. I mean, sure, there are a lot of striking things to it! More serious attitude, darker style, more mature look. But all that doesn't really change the face of Sonic, I don't think. It's still kind of a Sonic Adventure style. The gap between Adventure and 2k6 is not as big as that of Classic and Adventure, if you get my drift.

Also, from what I've seen, the gameplay is about the same as we've seen before. Nothing revolutionary happening there.

Sonic 2k6 is just the same ol' shit. "OMG DARKER STORYLANE I GATTA GET THIS GAME OMG SHADOW CAN DRIVE CARS"

WHAT THE FUCK DOES HE NEED TO DRIVE A CAR FOR? HE'S A SUPER ******* FAST HEDGEHOG!

Bigboi said:
Sonic 2k6 is just the same ol' ****. "OMG DARKER STORYLANE I GATTA GET THIS GAME OMG SHADOW CAN DRIVE CARS"

WHAT THE **** DOES HE NEED TO DRIVE A CAR FOR? HE'S A SUPER ******* FAST HEDGEHOG!

Its "cool" T_T

Nah, it sucks. I've been wondering that for quite a long time, too. Lucky you Sonic next gen is not a Shadow game, but you can actually play as Sonic as well. And he doesn't drive cars or motors.

Too damn many.

That said, this is turning out to be "same old, same old". I really wanted this to be the best Sonic ever, especially since Sega said they were "aggressively" rooting out the flaws, but instead all we're getting is the same game, only with worse flaws here and there.

Great music and graphics, though.

I agree with Shadow Hog, the music and graphics actually look good now. The rest of the game? ::vomits on Silvers foot:: What type of name is Silver anyway? First I hear all these n00bs saying it, and now even Sega is using it. It is a stupid, n00bish name, and the game itself isn't looking too great. Same old, same old.

Sadly, graphics aren't everything. Seems like an SA game with better graphics. BORING.

Silver? The character himself isn't that bad, but he's practically another gravity gun ripoff. FAIL.

Away with the vehicles Shadow uses, they are as bad as the Shadow guns.

This game is NOT going to redeem all of Sonic Team's failures. Sonic and the Secret Rings is. Another good reason to get a Wii. I'll be getting the PC version of Next-Gen, and I don't have high expectations. Really deep stories? Pfft, who needs 'em in Sonic games...

Sorry, but since Sonic and the Secret Rings is even further from the original formula than this game is, saying that it'll redeem ANYTHING is giving it WAAAY too much credit.

That game is sort of like the original Sonic games. The Sonic 2 special stage, but thats about it. :/

I'm a big sonic fan and i've been drawing him ever since Sonic 1, personally I like Sonic Next-GEN, thats why Im making a wad on it.

Shadow Hog said:
Sorry, but since Sonic and the Secret Rings is even further from the original formula than this game is, saying that it'll redeem ANYTHING is giving it WAAAY too much credit.
I don't give a damn HOW far away from the original formula the game is, as long as the game is good. Besides, every preview from the gaming press has been very positive indeed.

"Finally, 3D Sonic done right!" - IGN

'Nuff said.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this. Both 2D and 3D Sonic games I like very much. I don't care about storyline stuff, and numbers of characters, just as long as the execution is good. And by good execution, I'm including games like Sonic Heroes. I don't really understand how people can sometimes want so much from a single game, especially if they're more used to older games where even the existing level of gameplay only existed in the Genesis' wildest dreams. Anywho, I'm looking forward to this. Even if there may be a lot of characters. At least make them different enough to warrant separate characters. Hey, you know what they say....

I could do with the these characters: Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Chaos, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, and cheese. Don't need the rest. We don't want to make super animal creatures a standard in the human world, do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back