What do you think about having to pay for switch games that run at 30 fps for $60?

When it comes to multiplatform releases, I'd chalk it down to the Switch being inferior hardware by multiple generations. It's basically the same thing as if games had to come out simultaneously for PS3 and PS5, Xbox 360 and Xbox Series. Just getting the games running at 30FPS is something of a miracle accomplished only because the bigger console versions of the same games are getting graphically held back to make the version differences as small as possible. In this way, the Switch is basically holding the entire market back.

Nintendo really need to release a new console already, preferably something more on par with the PS5 and Xbox Series in regards to hardware. Even if they make something that's basically just a slightly stronger Steam Deck, they'd be doing the whole market a huge favor in regards to multiplatform releases.

Depends on the game. Not every game needs to be 60fps. Some games run fine at 30fps. But don't ever play SRB2 on Dreamcast. The frame rate is so bad in that early version that it is darn near impossible to play. What's funny is there's repros of it on Etsy. lol
Post automatically merged:

Speaking of the Dreamcast port of SRB2 (and the PSP port for that matter) is there any way to improve it?
Post automatically merged:

The Blaze version of Sonic Doom for the Sega 32X actually runs better if you can believe it.

We all know that we aint buying Switch that can run games on 30FPS and its 6 years old,wheb we have consoles like PS5 which runs games on 60FPS,and its just 2 years later with huge financal success (Im suprised PS4 is still alive,that being the only console i have).

We all know that we aint buying Switch that can run games on 30FPS and its 6 years old,wheb we have consoles like PS5 which runs games on 60FPS,and its just 2 years later with huge financal success (Im suprised PS4 is still alive,that being the only console i have).
Dreamcast could run 60FPS in 1999. :D

Dreamcast could run 60FPS in 1999. :D
And so were the Advance Trilogy titles

I also dont really like the Dreamcaat graphics.Yes,it was impressive for its time,but now its complete opposite thanks to PS5,PS4 (which is still running lol),Xbox series and PC

And so were the Advance Trilogy titles

I also dont really like the Dreamcaat graphics.Yes,it was impressive for its time,but now its complete opposite thanks to PS5,PS4 (which is still running lol),Xbox series and PC
Soul Calibur still looks good.

Even though Nintendo did a new direct with all those new amazing Mario games and all that stuff, you still have a problem: They run at 30FPS,so there is unfortunately no way your gonna play those games without good perfomance (and fans cant do anything to port those games onto PC because Nintendo would do DMCAs).

Even though Nintendo did a new direct with all those new amazing Mario games and all that stuff, you still have a problem: They run at 30FPS,so there is unfortunately no way your gonna play those games without good perfomance (and fans cant do anything to port those games onto PC because Nintendo would do DMCAs).
It doesn't even matter if Nintendo is a console generation behind. All 3 of the big 3 console makers have games that run 30fps on average. The Switch 2 is rumored to be on par with the PS4. That doesn't mean anything when it comes to average framerates. It might run Switch games better, but XBOX and PS4 and PS5 can barely do 60FPS and that always gets sacrificed if you want better picture quality. We need the old guys from Sega who made arcade games for them to come back and make games that always run at 60FPS again. They knew their stuff.

but XBOX and PS4 and PS5 can barely do 60FPS
I appearantley heard the current Xbox console has the best performance in terms of framerates,almost always being on 60FPS,(or 60 Frames Per Second in longer) so this means your opinion is not all that true.

If Nintendo made a new console on par with PS5,then they would actually stand a chance in terms of age and financal success.

We need the old guys from Sega who made arcade games for them to come back
Unfortunately,i think those developers have died throught the time between the 90s and current year,as they were probably 30/40 years old when they were making those arcade games.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back