What bugs you on net games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate camping. My team's are terrible, becuase

1) no one protects the base

2) they are all flag hogs trying to get the flag

3) to put this simply, they suck. they dont listen to orders, (protect the base, start sniping,) They dont use mouselook(which is needed in flag),so no good aim, and they are always tails or knuckles. Tails is terrible at flag hunting! get it through your head!

4) They are all flag hogs.(camp at enemy flag base for ever, when I have the flag, and dont help me get back my flag, And, they usually get hit as soon as they get out of the base's.

Been kicked twice today, the first one I can't exactly remember why but its something stupid like, because I was doing a alot better then them, the second one happened just now, hp-administrator's game, it was a match, but yet again, everyone rp'ing.

And then in the "sonic at the disco" map I was playing match ignoring them, when all of a sudden everyone disappeared, they were all going "amy:party at the disco yaaah" I later saw them on top of the lighting system, at the top of the arena, all standing there where I can't reach them as sonic continuing with rp'ing, when I fly up there as tails an hit them all down I get kicked.

People bugging me to verify them.

Ringslinger On in Co-op (and maybe race).

Startrings (any number) in bonus stage.

charg the hedgehog said:
Just say what anoyes you when you play a net game.

For me its when i getting all set up to play (you changing my name color ect.) and some kid comes up to me as tails and flys me into a botom less pit.

A little late on this, but was the tails Grey?

Rival said:
I'm going to have to (mostly) dissagree wit you there...

In co-op, it's very usefull, but horid if the players attack other teammates

In race, it's fun! It just adds to the exitment! Can't catch up to the player in front of you? Throw a ring!

But in race, it's more exiting if ringslinger is on in normal race (Not time only), because your ending score will go down a bit because you threw a ring, thus having less rings...in other words...you have to decide if losing a ring is worth hitting the other player

When I have the flag but my idiot team mates are bumbling around and won't get our own flag back so I have to go in their base by myself carrying their flag with four or so people firing at me.

NeoJames said:
Rival said:
In race, it's fun! It just adds to the exitment! Can't catch up to the player in front of you? Throw a ring!

It is rare that someone shoots rings at someone juring race, because of that whenever someone does, we just find it very irritating and just feel we're being pulled back by people who are simply too rubbish at the game to beat you racing normally.

I'm not saying that you suck at the race, I don't think I've raced you before, I'm just saying your tactic is (at least to me) frowned upon when most people are beating each other in a race by using speed and not shooting each other.

Another reason why at least I hate people who shoot in race is because in any sonic racing system there's never been shooting, the multiplayer race in srb2 is the same as sonic 2 for the mega drive, but there was never any shooting, which is for me another reason when i get annoyed by people shooting in race.

I love shoving it in the face of those people who really do suck and have to shoot to win, by avoiding every shot and then lapping them, basically saying, shooting is pointless, stop doing it and race normally.

Sciky said:
NeoJames said:
Rival said:

It is rare that someone shoots rings at someone juring race, because of that whenever someone does, we just find it very irritating and just feel we're being pulled back by people who are simply too rubbish at the game to beat you racing normally.

I'm not saying that you suck at the race, I don't think I've raced you before, I'm just saying your tactic is (at least to me) frowned upon when most people are beating each other in a race by using speed and not shooting each other.

I frankly see it as an alternative strategy for racing, making the game a little more hectic in thokfests and Coop stage races alike. Say you're racing in Tempest Valley Zone. Two players could meet up from separate paths and now have an even chance at the finish, then decide to shoot each other to slow them down. If one of them is right by the edge, they can easily be shot down on one of the lower levels (or bottomless pits) if they're close to the finish, meaning that the ringslinger race would be a competition of both speed and skill in shooting. And when it comes to Full Race, then ringslinger becomes all the more interesting in the case of ring count.

What I don't understand is, if people are irritated by others shooting rings at them, why can't they just shoot back? Use it to your advantage if you don't want it to be used against you.

Another reason why at least I hate people who shoot in race is because in any sonic racing system there's never been shooting, the multiplayer race in srb2 is the same as sonic 2 for the mega drive, but there was never any shooting, which is for me another reason when i get annoyed by people shooting in race.

So? They didn't have Match and CTF either. :p

I love shoving it in the face of those people who really do suck and have to shoot to win, by avoiding every shot and then lapping them, basically saying, shooting is pointless, stop doing it and race normally.

Again, it's an alternative strategy. It requires both skill and speed, and if you lack either one, then you're at a disadvantage.

Blue Warrior said:
Sciky said:
NeoJames said:
Rival said:

I frankly see it as an alternative strategy for racing, making the game a little more hectic in thokfests and Coop stage races alike. Say you're racing in Tempest Valley Zone. Two players could meet up from separate paths and now have an even chance at the finish, then decide to shoot each other to slow them down. If one of them is right by the edge, they can easily be shot down on one of the lower levels (or bottomless pits) if they're close to the finish, meaning that the ringslinger race would be a competition of both speed and skill in shooting. And when it comes to Full Race, then ringslinger becomes all the more interesting in the case of ring count.

What I don't understand is, if people are irritated by others shooting rings at them, why can't they just shoot back? Use it to your advantage if you don't want it to be used against you.

So? They didn't have Match and CTF either. :p

Again, it's an alternative strategy. It requires both skill and speed, and if you lack either one, then you're at a disadvantage.

Your opinion on shooting in race is up to you and I know I wont convice you so I'm not going to argue on that.

We don't (at least I don't) shoot back because that would mean getting into that tactic, and also acting like him/her. Also its because I'm concentrating on not loosing the race, so I carry on.

As for the fact that sonic 2 didn't have match or ctf, that doesn't really come into it, I'm on about the race portion of srb2 compared to the race mode in sonic 2 as they are both the same, and are asking you to do the same thing, because the srb2 reace mode is exactly the same, it feels you're just meant to do do what you did in sonic 2.

And I'm not at a disadvantage if I lack the ability to shoot and race as I already said, most people I've seen so far who do shoot are bad racing normally, so I just avoid them and beat them.

Just because it isn't like Sonic 2 dosn't mean it's bad

See...I'm sure you'v played Mario kart...one of the main reasons it rawks is because of the items

Also...I'm not saying "OMG I can't wint so I'll throw a ring and get insta-win...It dosn't work like that...you need to be good at shooting rings as well as good at racing

Oh...and about the whole "Thats not how the game is supposed to be played"...well...who are you to say thats how the same is suppost to be played? Is the game suppost to have Acid Missle? Mystic realm? Espio? Are you suppost to race in circut? Or Regular levels?

In a game as custamizable as SRB2, there is no "suppost"

NeoJames said:
Just because it isn't like Sonic 2 dosn't mean it's bad

See...I'm sure you'v played Mario kart...one of the main reasons it rawks is because of the items

Also...I'm not saying "OMG I can't wint so I'll throw a ring and get insta-win...It dosn't work like that...you need to be good at shooting rings as well as good at racing

Oh...and about the whole "Thats not how the game is supposed to be played"...well...who are you to say thats how the same is suppost to be played? Is the game suppost to have Acid Missle? Mystic realm? Espio? Are you suppost to race in circut? Or Regular levels?

In a game as custamizable as SRB2, there is no "suppost"

I never said that the race in srb2 isn't like sonic 2, and its bad. I'm saying its the same, and because of that, the ring throwing feels out of place, and its rare that people do it, because of that it feels really annoying when it happens to you, especially when the people who do use it most of the time, just use it because they can't win racing normally and they end up last or second to last, so they use tactics from match.

"It dosn't work like that...you need to be good at shooting rings as well as good at racing"

I slightly agree with you there as I hate it when I'm thokking in race, and I'm called a cheater or the host forces me to stop, when really thokking actually does take more skill to perform correctly then just running normally.

Also I never said, that IS how its meant to be played, there's no rule written for that, however because people rarely do shoot rings in race, and the race system is the same as sonic 2's which didn't even have shooting, I'm saying it FEELS like you should just race normally, get boxes for points, and not use shooting rings which is from match. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my opinion, and you have yours, I'm not going to argue over this anymore.

If I join on a server doing team sonic stuf they make me rename and sence I uese tails to look like a wolf they force me to recolor from gray I will get my revenge on them!

If I join on a server doing team sonic stuf they make me rename and sence I uese tails to look like a wolf they force me to recolor from gray I will get my revenge on them!

EDIT: Oh god not agian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back