Well, some can and some can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashovare

Okay, whenever I host a game of srb2 no one seems to join. (I have had Roboegg and my friend on at separate times though.) So, one day my two friends came over after downloading srb2, and we were going to try and link up together. My friend Randy could see my server, and Rob couldn't. (We were all on labtops (yes, Labtops =) right next to each other, so we could see everything.) When Randy hosted, I could see Randy's server and Rob couldn't. When Rob hosted, Randy and I could both see the server. (Yes, we all made sure it was 'published' on the internet.) Rob's computer is the oldest, and Randy and my computers are newer.

And Sometimes people online will tell me they can't see my server, anyone know what's wrong?

It's likely that your router (or your firewall) isn't configured correctly. There are several other topics dealing with how to solve this; searching the boards for 'forward ports' or 'router' should be helpful.

Why use internet servers when that close when you can do LAN, which is faster.

I'm kinda getting sick of these OMGSH CNT CENNECT topics, someone needs to make a sticky explaining all the different reasons you could be having trouble.

I'll Begin said:
Why use internet servers when that close when you can do LAN, which is faster.

I'm kinda getting sick of these OMGSH CNT CENNECT topics, someone needs to make a sticky explaining all the different reasons you could be having trouble.

How do I get LAN on?

If your hosting on your local lan your lucky if anyone joins EVER. Local lan means the wireless network your using.

Thanks oogaland. I'll try that.

And then there's the fact no one joins LAN because most servers are on Internet, and I'm the only person to play SRB2 in my state :(

That's why LAN parties are always held in Internet Cafés. LAN means Local Area Network, which usually refers to a wireless/wired "joint internet" setup inside a building, school or house.

I'll Begin said:
That's why LAN parties are always held in Internet Cafés. LAN means Local Area Network, which usually refers to a wireless/wired "joint internet" setup inside a building, school or house.

Exactly. Not even one other computer in my house has SRB2 downloaded! (Although, I've never heard of SRB2 parties in cafes.)

I'll Begin said:

Good idea. I may just make a tutorial topic on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back