Weird problems with hosting.

About a month ago, me and a couple of friends were trying to play SRB2 and planned to host the session in Standard. I, being the one who hosts, booted up the server in standard and for some reason, none of my friends were able to find my server or join it via IP. That day we decided it was just some random error so we ignored it for the most part. Fast forward to another session where we're about to play SRB2P, the same thing happens. This is where we start noticing the problem. Both Standard listing and SRB2P hosting have not worked for us in our most recent times. I've used to port checker, which said things are alright on my end, went to look at my static IP, even checked my firewall to see if anything was getting blocked, yet nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

The strangest part about all of this is the fact that hosting in casual, custom gametype, and SRB2K have all worked just as normally. Both modded and vanilla have worked, so it wasnt a problem with mods. We're still in the middle of the problem and are still at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

About a month ago, me and a couple of friends were trying to play SRB2 and planned to host the session in Standard. I, being the one who hosts, booted up the server in standard and for some reason, none of my friends were able to find my server or join it via IP. That day we decided it was just some random error so we ignored it for the most part. Fast forward to another session where we're about to play SRB2P, the same thing happens. This is where we start noticing the problem. Both Standard listing and SRB2P hosting have not worked for us in our most recent times. I've used to port checker, which said things are alright on my end, went to look at my static IP, even checked my firewall to see if anything was getting blocked, yet nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

The strangest part about all of this is the fact that hosting in casual, custom gametype, and SRB2K have all worked just as normally. Both modded and vanilla have worked, so it wasnt a problem with mods. We're still in the middle of the problem and are still at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.
problem fixed, the public IP needed for them to join changed. it threw us all for a loop
never even known it could do that, guess ill keep an eye on it

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back