Wanted to make one last post.

Hi! You probably don't remember me. If you do, or if we used to talk, I hope you're doing well! I was on this forum probably daily for almost 2 years from early 2007-late 2008 most likely! I came back once in 2011 but then decided that I just didn't want to be a part of the forum. Looking at my join date, I was only 10 years old when I joined. I had never even been on an internet forum before this one, and honestly, I wasn't totally sure I got it then. I was coming from only really using AIM and the like to talk with friends, so my grammar was atrocious. I used a lot of leetspeak. Like instead of "you" I used "u" and the like. I got warned for it and I got like a month long (?) temp ban for it. It was either a month or a week, but it honestly was probably a month. I remember getting put on blast by people here in regular forum posts and in PMs about how poor it was. It wasn't like I couldn't speak or write properly. I just hadn't spoken like that on the internet at the time or knew that I should have.

Now, I know we all do stupid things when we're young, but as you can see, a few years back I tried to scrub a lot of it. All my posts have been edited to say one sentence. Honestly, I still stick by that sentence. I do feel like this account is an embarrassment to me. Even though I was so young and didn't know better and was meant to learn through my experiences, I guess the fact that most of what I posted was dumb just bothers me. Maybe because I feel like it still is somewhat a reflection on me then and it was a poor one. I don't even use this specific screen name anywhere else, but I used to use something similar to it.

I asked a mod if it was possible to just delete this account entirely. Posts and all. If that's not possible, I will just go back to never using it again. But I did want to make a final post that if anyone here remembers me as an annoying member with incredibly poor grammar, then my bad. I was very young and very immature. I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter and maybe some don't remember, but I guess because this was the very first forum I ever joined, this forum always is in my memory. Even if I don't have a huge post count and have been gone for well over a decade.

That's all I wanted to say. If you read my entire post, thanks for reading my rambling! I'm not totally sure what I wanted to accomplish here but I wanted to get it off my chest.

Hi! A ton of things have changed while you were away. The original administration has since been replaced, and the community is significantly more welcoming to newcomers now.

This thread might give you some closure:

Hi! A ton of things have changed while you were away. The original administration has since been replaced, and the community is significantly more welcoming to newcomers now.

This thread might give you some closure:
*snip*
Yeah, Mystic sucked. I did read that thread. It's what got me to make that post because I didn't when I edited my posts because I felt Mystic would just, well, be Mystic about it. I remember him not being nice, and while yeah, my grammar was bad, it felt a little too much. But even then it wasn't just Mystic. Hell, "being put on blast" was not relegated to just the administration team. I recall even just regular members calling me out too. I can't remember if some of them were nice and I just didn't get it. Like, I know it sounds dumb, but the concept of grammar online wasn't something I thought of or thought mattered because, like I said, I was literally 10 years old and didn't know any better. If I had been more active, since I only have a little over 100 posts, maybe I'd consider coming back. Like I said, I was on the forum everyday, but not posting.

But honestly, while I still play SRB2, I don't know what else I'd do or contribute here. That's not to say I don't think you're right in saying everyone here is welcoming. I just don't know what I'd say. I guess I'd have to really sit and give it thought. I was already gone from this place for a decade. It also feels a little weird using the name I gave myself when I was 10! But now I'm just rambling. I do appreciate your response and will take it into consideration.

I always encourage people to embrace the silly things they did here as kids. I merged my other two accounts into this one, so you can easily look back at that stuff and laugh with me about it. What I did 10 years ago doesn't have much bearing on who I am now. We all learn and grow over time. I like to go back every so often so I can remember where I came from and see how far I've come. I'm proud to have grown so much thanks to this wonderful community.

I always encourage people to embrace the silly things they did here as kids. I merged my other two accounts into this one,
Oh, can you do that with mine, Jacklekku? Just for the sake of it, I want to cringe again at my old posts (but in a good way) and also to be more connected to them? If that makes any sense. lmao

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back