• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Wadding contest with a hosting prize! :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, look who's back. It's that Knuckles500 guy, from #srb2!

Well, I'm having a little wadding contest, the prize? Well, I'll get to that later, but first, with the information!

The topic for this wadding contest is, sonic classic levels. These levels can be from Sonic 1 - Knuckles Chaotix, but nothing from a later age than Knuckles Chaotix.

Rules:
1.) No Copying, or posting WADs that you've done before, your wad must be made, after you've finally got confirmation that you are allowed to make your wad.

2.) After 5 days of sign up, you must send me a prototype version of your wad, so I can see that you're working on it. The prototypes must not be released to the public, if I find you doing this will remove you from the contest.

3.) The Wad must be of your own creation, you cannot get help from others

4.) Do not use music that's already in SRB2, you must add your own music for the level you are doing, please make it a MIDI, not a MP3. You can add a MP3, but must be under or exactly 2.5MB (Just the MP3)

5.) You must submit your wad the day the contest ends, the next 3 days will be testing your wad for perfectness.

The wad can be any type!

The date for when sign ups end is 9/10/04. The submissions for the wads with end on 9/25/04, No earlier, no later. :mrgreen:

So, what's teh f0cking prize? Fine i'll tell you :P

It's a free, 500mb of space and 21gb of bandwidth host, with no ads, with PHP, MySQL, and all of those other good scripts! It comes with a one click script installer, for installing cool boards such as PHPBB2, and PHPNuke with one click :D. It will give you 20 sub domains (if you have a domain), 20 MySQL databases, unlimited email/url fowarders, and 15 email accounts, with 15 FTP accounts (I think...).

Why am I giving it away? Because I had a RPG on this web host, but since i've found a better paid host, i'm moving to that, but I don't want to cancel this perfect account :D. So i'm just giving it away for someone with the best wadder.

In order to sign up, PM me your sign ups with this format:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:
Wad Name:
Wad Type:
Game from:
Email:
*Time you really need*:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*if you need more time, I would be happy to lend you more time, just let me know right away!*

I'll PM you on IRC, or here, telling you if you've been accepted or not yet, DO NOT ANNOY ME WITH PMS OVER AND OVER ASKING "d00d, did you sign meh up yet? kthnx :D:D:D", DOING SO WILL NEVER GET YOU SIGN UP AT ALL, but there is a slim chance :).

Submit your prototype wads, finished wads, or whatever, over MSN messenger (at Knuckles500@hotmail.com), or IRC on Knuckles500.
You can submit your wads through my Gmail account also! (Knuckles500@gmail.com)

Good luck and have fun, if you have any questions, please just post and i'll get back to them.

What is the basis for scoring? Are you just going to be the judge, or is this like the official ones, where everyone votes, or what?

EDIT: Could you clarify released to the public? Is it ok if we have a friend over to test it or something?

*imagines www.walan.com*

Although I don't think I could win with a first-time map, I could get good midi music (I got tha remixer hookups, y'all!)

Good luck to everyone, I can't wait to play the results.

Aw, man! Overpowered prize! GAWK!

Whow! Gee, if only I were a better wadder, then I could have a standing chance. But, I'm not likely to win anything, so I don't think I should enter.
And, the only reason I would need a prize like that would be to host my LOTR project when it's done. Also, school's starting for me, so I won't have time.
Plus, I'm never ON mIRC, so I won't know if I'm signed up or not, so I'd be sending junk mail to you anyways even if I'm not.

sorry everyone, I was a little busy with school for the past days.

Now i'm back for the weekend :D. Pretty soon, i'll start removing stuff from my webhost that's on already.

wow... i didnt really payed attention to that part... um, maybe its because it has to be a retro sonic level and the only srb2 music available is the green hill zone.

(if that was a bump... sorry!)

Or you could be a lucky little devil like me, who has authentic .wav's of all of the classic Sonic Games (1, 2, 3, &K, CD). I said it before, I'll say it again: Sonic and Knuckles Collection rules all.

I agree with you, Sonicandtails218, i have Sonic and Knuckles collection :D .
But you need to save them as ogg., because it's better, the filesize will be smaller.

You said

Name:
Wad Name:
Wad Type:
Game from:
Email:
*Time you really need*:

I said

What exactly is "game from" supposed to mean?

Shaf: He said from classic Sonic, you know, 1, 2, 3, Chaotix, that era. When SEGA could do no wrong.

SS005: There are ways to convert .wav's to .ogg's

Ah, sorry, looks like I skipped a line by mistake ^^;;

I guess I'm saving the wad I started for the next contest >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back