Wad Stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Ninja

Have you ever had a wad stolen? Post about any wad stealing that has happened to you
(This is not a forum game)

My SA Eggman wad was stolen. They made some objcfg and s_skin changes and uploaded it to the ffh as eggmanf.wad.

My srb2 log from last year that I didn't even bother to post here said:
<SuperSonic64>I MADE THIS YOU DIDN'T.
<Sonic>NO YOU DIDNT.
<Tails>SUPERSONIC64 YOU ONLY MADE SS64 WAD
<SuperSonic64>'>>
SuperSonic64 was kicked (banned)

Scr_masters claimed by that stupid person FTL.

This happened last year.

Some random person hosted with a wadfile that had ripped off some FOF cars that I made for one of my match maps.

Yeah, I saw that map Jazz. Brawl made it, ugh...

In my case, I've seen maps stolen numerous times, though it hasn't happened to me.

Lemme think here.

Senku's showed me some WADs he got off a netgame that were a clear edit of "The Fallen"
I recall one idiot joining my old "Shooting Star Emerald Racers" netgames, claiming to be the creator of Emerald Racers.
A few people have posted some of my "SuperSonic" SOCs, claiming them to be their own.

Probably a bit more, but that's all that immediately comes to mind.

I haven't had my own wad stolen, but I did see an image of my character (That Zeshiro did, might I add) being used as a 'proof-of-concept' image

on my first test wad, (SpeedyLizzardtest.wad) had only sprites needed, i hosted a server and let everone use it, when i went to add more onto my wad, i got tired so i played a netgame and they had my wads and kicked me!!

(I didn't release it to the forums because the sprites came out inverted..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back