W_InitMultipleFiles: No Files Found Error HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSEW

Okay, I put the SRB2 setup on a CD and took it to a friend's house and I installed it , and whenever I open up SRB2 it gives me the error (see subject) and I installed it again but it still gives me the same error! Should I download the setup again or what?

Umm, what? It sounds like you didn't burn the setup to the disk correctly. Or...Something.

Some more description could help (IE: Screenshot, more information on what you burned specifically).

No, I'm sure I burned the disc correctly, and I ALSO downloaded the setup from the main page and it STILL gives me that error

Still, how do I fix my problem? I have downloaded the setup from the webpage, and I still get the same problem

Y'ever tried using the installer you downloaded in the first place with the disk as your directory?

Probably, you copied your directory, but you weren't showing hidden files. SRB2 has a few required DLLs, and Windows hides them by default. So you selected all the visible files and burned them, but the DLLs were left behind, which is preventing SRB2 from working.

To get Windows to show all files in a directory, go to Tools - Folder Options, and click on View. Check the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button and try again.

If that doesn't work, you could always just burn the install file that comes from srb2.org and copy over your gamedata.dat file (which stores your unlockable data)

Oh, I've found the problem, the problem was the fact that I put the SRB2 folder so far inside another folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back