Votes

Vixuzen

✨ Collaborator ✨
[SP]:

1. Lofty Woods Zone - by Vixuzen
I have to vote this first (being the creator and all). I'm actually really happy with how the gameplay aspect turned for this level (despite some slopes being a bit janky at times). I really wish I didn't procrastinate so much, because that lead to this level looking very bland.

2. Follow Your Rainbow - by Rogerregorroger
I might be biased for anything Adventure-like, but I simply love this level. While being based on City Escape from SA2, it provides enough variety and originality that it doesn't feel like going through CE except in SRB2. I especially like the twist on the truck chase and the mall section was a... surprise. I had a few laughs here and there and the hidden easter eggs and references really make this level worth a while. Try to use a zoomtube on a loop-de-loop next time, though.

3. Nimbus Lake Zone - by Yyeellooww7
I love how this level both looks and plays. While linear, it's really fun to go through, even when underwater. The button to activate the geysers is kind of unnecessary, though.

4. Caustic Crater Zone - by Seaballer
Not much to say, other than it's really fun and looks great. I do have an issue with the water - the magnetic shield gets removed due to it being in water and then you get damage, which means that the shield doesn't really protect you. Is that on purpose?

5. The Twins Palace Zone - by Chaolino
I love the dynamic music. Didn't even know you could do that in SRB2. Other than that, it's really fun, although the electric shields not protecting you from the cyan lasers was a bit off-putting.

6. Botanic Space Zone Act 2 - by DeltaSanic
The monitor gimmick isn't clear at first and the steam platforming is a bit bland. The first area is also a bit confusing with where you're supposed to go, but other than that, this level is really good.

7. Command Facility Zone - by Twins'R'Okay
Hey, it's Doom! The level doesn't really seem to do much with it though. It's not bad or anything, though. The boss at the end is kind of pointless but it's easy enough that it doesn't hinder the experience. The polyobjects can push you inside the walls.

8. Lucid Landscape Zone - by Othius
I have mixed feelings on this one. It looks simply gorgeous, but the gameplay is kind of hit-or-miss. There's a lot of big stretches where you don't do much and when you do, it's mostly rather gimmicky stuff, albeit pretty fun.

9. Bricked Busted Zone - by Mikhael Blur
As big and pretty this level is, I really don't think it's all that enjoyable. It's easy to get lost in it and there are some jumps that are too precise (and they're over bottomless pits, nonetheless).

10. Powder Park Zone - by DakotaSpine
I didn't like this level at first but I grew to enjoy it. The general layout reminds me a lot of 3D Blast. The invisible wall blocking the end was and unpleasant surprise, though. I think it's generally better to just use an actual wall instead or make the end somewhere that isn't right next to the start.

11. Sunset Summit Zone - by Entropy
It's a fun level, although I do think that the credits island shouldn't have death floors (I actually died there). It's a little bland on the texture side, though.

12. Blue Glacier Zone - by BronsoKip
This level screams unfinished at almost every corner, except for the main path. I did enjoy exploring it and imagining what "could've been", but I'm supposed to rate this level based on what it is, instead what it was supposed to be.

13. Pineapple Prairie Zone - by SupaCustardbro
It's a bit too blocky for my tastes but it's generally fun, although the blue springs in bushes are pretty annoying. It's kind of weird that buttons are crumbling floors instead of just moving FOFs (or moving floors for that matter). The crumbling wall was kind of unnecessary.

14. Digital DeLuche Zone - by RoyKirbs
The rollout rock gimmick is really creative but the quick bumpers make it hard to enjoy. The wavy floor rooms are also a bit frustrating. I simple love the "boss" at the end, although I got crushed by a screen of all things on my first playthrough. Use an intangible or intangible from bottom FOFs next time, so that it could be avoided. I also love style of the level. The simplicity works pretty well.

15. Grass Planet Zone - by Voidy2246
The looks and plays nice but the overuse of Hive Elementals is what makes this level score so low for me. I was just minding my own business when a Bumblebore from START OF THE LEVEL came and sniped me into the pit. While I hate Hive Elementals with all my passion, they can be used properly. Unfortunately, when they're not, the entire experience comes plummeting and this level is a good example of that. Pterabytes are also a bit of an overkill, especially since they drop you straight to your death. But hey - I finally found out that you can actually break out of their grip, so that's good.

16. Invasion Zone by - JABSphere94
This level is really long and while the enemies and boss are cool, they're annoying to deal with. The waiting game at the end could've been omitted completely, though. I beat the boss only with Sonic and SA Sonic and while it was fine, I really can't imagine how frustrating it would be with other characters.

17. Iron Dominion Zone - by MK.exe
I have to say, levels like this one remind me how much non-vanilla music does to give a level it's own identity. I like the bouncy wall near the end, but the button hunt is kind of unnecessary (although I guess it would make this already short level even shorter). This level has a problem with directioning. Especially in the laser door part. That spinable wall is not telegraphed properly at all. I do think that the general gimmicks make this level stand out enough to make it not seem like a Techno Hill copy.

18. Rhyolite Ruin Zone - by Radicalicious
While I love NiGHTS gameplay I kind of hate the use of lavafalls in this level, especially in the first mare. They're used in thight spaces and the perspective makes it really hard to see them. I also might a little biased against the Red Volcano-styled NiGHTS stage from the original. Otherwise it's alright, although I personally prefer the single-mare stages.

19. Something Zone - by Marcos
While the use of Axis2D is nice and the "go through each vanilla zone" theme is interesting, each part seems way too short to actually make this level memorable. My biggest gripe with this level is that it's mostly "hold right to win". The easter eggs were really cool though.

20. Frozen Fissure Zone - by Garrean
I... really don't like this level. It's kind of blocky and there are many jumps that you can barely make. The black wall transitions lead you to a small ledge, which more often than not leads to you running off to your death. The polyobjects, while look impressive, tend to become invisible, which makes the last part way harder than it should be. Also, it's a presonal gripe, but I really don't like the idea of just standing on a platform and waiting for it to slowly carry you upwards.

21. Junkyard Jeopardy Zone - by PhilJFou/ChaRG
Please turn down the intensity of the colormap next time. All I see most of the time is this weird dark-orange. While I appreciate the multiple paths (and even character exclusive paths) the stage is overall very mediocre. Now do mind that this OLDC was of very high quality. The toxic pool in the part where the paths come together is really bad. Despite being a safe-net it punishes the player and has a very unclear and easy to miss spring. The platforms are also way too small. Also, try not to rely on button hunting so much next time.

[Match]:

1. Marble Acropolis Zone - by Diegão
2. Yeehaw Village Zone - by Voidy2246

[CTF]:

1. Colorful Towers Zone - by Mikhael Blur
2. Yet Another CEZ2 Knockoff - by Othius
3. Boiling Crater Zone - by PhilJFou //ChaRG

[Battle Arena]:

1. Misty Gardens Zone - by InferNOr
2. Radiant Forest Zone - by Radsla

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back