Various Wall Issues

snifflmup

why do i like this game so much
I'm in the process of a map pack that is smooth sailing, aside from a few hiccups that I can't, for the life of me, find a solution for. The first of these is this wall.
srb20022.png

As you can see, the wall that I am directing you toward is circled in red. Now, it looks pretty average, doesn't it? Just a normal wall. But watch out!
srb20023.png

Boom! The wall disappears once you get near it! But the wall's collision remains. How curious. But that's not all.
srb20024.png

If you look at the wall in a certain way, then its texture returns! This is very strange, and I don't have a single clue as to what causes this. What's even weirder is that that wall is actually part of another wall. Here's some Zone Builder screenshots to prove as such.
Screenshot 2023-12-30 120250.png
Screenshot 2023-12-30 120304.png

This is a very strange occurrence, and I think I'm the first person ever to have this issue. I've tried to search things like "wall disappearing" and things like that and I can only find graphical glitches from 2.1. If anyone has a solution to this strange bug, please let me know. And also let me know a solution for this next strange wall issue.
srb20018.png
srb20019.png
srb20020.png
srb20021.png

As the images show, there are walls in this corridor specifically that are significantly brighter than their surrounding walls. Either that, or the bordering walls are darker than the other walls. This is especially confusing because this map is not made in UDMF, which means that I cannot change the lighting of a wall. And also, these walls are also part of the same wall. They just decide to be brighter than I want. This is extra annoying when I'm trying to hide a secret or something in the walls, and the secret is revealed by the Bright Wall Syndrome. Again, I ran into the same walls as the previous wall thing, only seeing rendering bugs for older versions. If anyone has a solution to any of these bugs, I'll give you like a free commission or something, if you want. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• srb20018.png
    srb20018.png
    281 KB · Views: 28

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back