Various Problems Found While Making A Bonus Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am pretty sure you already know, I have been workign on my mod agian, but this time I decided to try making a bonus level, Where I was faced with these problems:

1. The camera is evil if you get to close to the edges
2. Somehow the umm... (what ever you call that invisible impassible wall at the edge of every level set area) Has been misplaced.
3. The get rings message keeps saying get 1 rings rather than get 129 rings.
4. Some of the floor is missing.
5. I can't figure out how to make the area of the level force you to keep moving forward while at the same time allowing you to go somewhat slow enough to still beagle to collect rings and dodge spike balls, while keeping youf rom going backward.

Heres a screen shot of what the level looks like if you need to see it:
srb20082yq2.png

So how do I fix these problems?
(Note: If it helps, I am using srb2doom to make the levels.)
Edit: Also is there anyone here who can tell me how to make the ceiling into an exact mirror image of the floors when making a level such as the one shown in the picture?
(Note 2: The level is shaped like the 3d shape of a double pointed pencil cut in half the long way and hollowed out)

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
As I am pretty sure you already know, I have been workign on my mod agian, but this time I decided to try making a bonus level, Where I was faced with these problems:

2. Somehow the umm... (what ever you call that invisible impassible wall at the edge of every level set area) Has been misplaced.

If I'm correct, these are both reffering to the thok barrier. If so, number two is the answer to number one. For number two, just make a new thok barrier.

DroxSorcerer said:
EMPEROR METALLIX said:

If I'm correct, these are both reffering to the thok barrier. If so, number two is the answer to number one. For number two, just make a new thok barrier.
Well that fixes problems 1, 2, and 4, but what about the other ones?

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
What about the ring requirement value?

Make a control sector. Make the sector effect "990: Special Stage Time". The floor determines the time in seconds, and the ceiling determines the ring requirement.

Something tells me that that will be a little confusing here...
srb20077lg9.png

Seeng as theres well over a hundred... scratch that, well over ten-thousand sectors on both the floor and the ceiling...

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Seeng as theres well over a hundred... scratch that, well over ten-thousand sectors on both the floor and the ceiling...
I'll say that there's a crapload of lag then. :(

I apologize to those who have already answered; sometimes information isn't always correct, so I'm just going to generally give input on everything. Well, I do admit Ash nailed the wind thing, but other than that...
EMPEROR METALLIX said:
3. The get rings message keeps saying get 1 rings rather than get 129 rings.
4. Some of the floor is missing.
Some specials can give you camera problems. Two specials that come to mind are Death PIt (Camera Modifications) and the Floor Over Floor type that crumbles.

As far as the "edge of level barrier," keep in mind that SRB2 does whatever you tell it to. You might want to look through your sector tags and/or check for unclosed sectors, as well as check your thok barrier.

Special Stage goals are set using a particular sector special. This one, to be precise.

And for the invisible floor thing, check for unclosed sectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back