Vampires Suck- the parody of Twilight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimera

Your best friend
So, the movie's been known for a while now, and it's suppose to air around the end of August. When I saw the first trailer I litterally laughed out loud. I'm really looking forward to this movie. For those who don't know about it, here's a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHkPJ1ACLrg

So, DESCUSS

Ditto. The trailers for this movie are hilarious. I really want to see it. My sister does too, though she, unlike me, is a Twilight fan. Or an aspiring one, at least; my parents mercifully won't let her actually read the books.

This is pretty much going to terrible, I know that for sure. Pretty much every movie from these directors are. I saw Epic Movie a few years back with a few of my friends, and none of us thought it was funny at all.

The thing is, what pretty much these people do is take a movie, skim over the basic plot and end up getting a ton of things wrong, stick in a bunch of internet culture and fart jokes, and ship it out. The entire movie ends up being forgotten in about a week. They're all about as funny as your average Ctrl-Alt-Del strip.

This has pretty much been a better, since, uh, Scary Movie 3, I think? I have no idea how many of these things they've made.

Looks completely ass, like every other spoof film that has been made in the past decade. There isn't much more to be said. Each trailer I see is another set of stale, tired old jokes that fall flat and completely fail to amuse.

I can enjoy a good spoof film, but this looks like whoever was in charge went down to the internet joke factory, ordered up a set of vampire jokes, and called it a day. This isn't genuinely funny, it's not even at the level of lowbrow humor. It's crap. It infuriates me that this film is going to make money, but that's how the industry works.

I evidently thought it was funnier than Bobinator and Tets, so I'm probably going to be torrenting it after it hits DVD.

IIRC, someone on Roblox had the idea for this movie. He posted something on the Roblox Forums about how Vampires Fail and then someone else posted, "Oh, so you're the one that made Vampires Suck?". Then he replied, "Well, I made it up, and some directors are actually making it."

Weird.

IIRC, someone on Roblox had the idea for this movie. He posted something on the Roblox Forums about how Vampires Fail and then someone else posted, "Oh, so you're the one that made Vampires Suck?". Then he replied, "Well, I made it up, and some directors are actually making it."

Weird.

I'm pretty sure that's a coincidence.

It infuriates me that this film is going to make money, but that's how the industry works.

...Well what else is new? We're all tired of seeing the same stuff, but got to have something to laugh at or enjoy even if it is a piece of crap. Profit or not. Other than that I completely agree regardless...

I just love it when people put extra emphasis on words they spell incorrectly.

Anyway, I think anyone here with a pulse knows what to expect from this movie. If not, go ahead and watch this.

As much as I cannot get into or care for the Twilight series, mostly later movies and books, I really think the spoofs, parodies, jokes, etc. were funny at first when they were done on the internet.

This movie is more than likely directed towards those who do not surf the internet and hear all these jokes most likely. I'll pass on this movie.

Just as bad as the others. 12 year old boys who hate Twilight (along with Justin Bieber or anything else those cootie-ridden-ew little girls like) with a passion will disagree, but those are exactly the people Friedberg and Seltzer made this for.

tl;dr: Make movie for children and the easily amused, make millions because people are fucking stupid.

And before I offend anyone intent on seeing this movie, let me ask Hyper Shadic X something. What exactly did you laugh out loud at in the trailer? Was it the slow-motion baseball bat hit at 1:19? OH WAIT THAT'S SCARY MOVIE 2 (at the same exact time it's stolen in the trailer for Vampires Suck, ironically enough). Was it one of the random pop-culture references that they spelled out for you (in case you couldn't tell that that was supposed to be the clique from Jersey Shore or Lady Gaga)that have nothing to do with anything that could possibly happen in a vampire movie? Or maybe it was the over-the-top comedic violence that's in every single one of these parody films?

Let me know, Hyper Shadic X. Just curious.

So pretty much, everyone who laughs or sees the movie is stupid?

I can see why people laugh, and some people laugh at anything. I don't think it makes them stupid. Just because they are easily amused?

If you can laugh at something random, then you can laugh at something else and not pay money for it.

Jeez, If someone PAYS to see this movie, then they are stupid. If they see it for free, then they are NOT stupid. Actually, I'd expect to get PAID to watch this movie.

And before I offend anyone intent on seeing this movie, let me ask Hyper Shadic X something. What exactly did you laugh out loud at in the trailer? Was it the slow-motion baseball bat hit at 1:19? OH WAIT THAT'S SCARY MOVIE 2 (at the same exact time it's stolen in the trailer for Vampires Suck, ironically enough). Was it one of the random pop-culture references that they spelled out for you (in case you couldn't tell that that was supposed to be the clique from Jersey Shore or Lady Gaga)that have nothing to do with anything that could possibly happen in a vampire movie? Or maybe it was the over-the-top comedic violence that's in every single one of these parody films?

Let me know, Hyper Shadic X. Just curious.

Actually, I moreover liked how it just pointed out everything about Twilight that I hate. The werewolves that always have barely any clothes on, the girls who go "asdfghjkl EDWARD -- NO JACOB'S BETTER -- NO EDWARD" (which my the way was the dumbest thing to happen to the female sex in this century IMO; my sister makes me want to heddesk frequently with that crap), and just about everything else. Really, I wanna see that movie 1) to get a good laugh and 2) because I fucking hate Twilight with a burning passion. :|

I can see how you guys don't like it, and I agree some things are crap, but the way I see it, this pokes fun at every pice of crap that series has to offer, which is what I like about it. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back