Using .WAD's for characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabal8616

Okay, first off, yes, I'm a new guy 'round here. However, I've read the rules and such, and I'm pretty sure (Or truthfully, hoping) this doesn't go against any rules. Anyway, I've downloaded a few pre-made .WAD's, and added them or whatever via the command line ingame. However, nothing even shows up. No characters on single player select screen, no nothing. What am I missing? Am I supposed to do something more? I'm sure theres like a tutorial right infront of me, but... I can't find one for the time being. If you could help me with this, I'd really appreciate it. If it matters, I tried using this wad (http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=4024), and another one (http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=4243&highlight=shadow).

I'd really appreciate any help so I can use these characters in this game. Or are they actually avaliable and I'm just too stupid to see em :|

First off why is this in the Editing form and not in the Suggestions and Help form. Some character wads are for multiplayer/Internet multiplayer only. The other way is to type in the console splitscreen 1 then you can go into the multiplayer options and change you character there then type splitscreen 0 in the console and now its single player again.
Fixed

[Offtopic]If you are the one I played online with, hi[/Offtopic]
If so *points up* When ever he tried to add it, the game would just turn off. At first i thought (because i was there trying to help) that his wad was older. then he tried to add it again (after i did) and it just stopped(also happened when i did)

What jrose said, some WADs don't have any information for the character select screen, and are thusly multiplayer only. Try hosting a netgame with the WAD loaded, and see if it comes up on the Customize Player menu.

jrose05 said:
Frist off why is this in the Editing form and not in the Suggestions and Help form. Some character wads are for multiplayer/Internet multiplayer only. The other way is to type in the console splitscreen 1 then you can go into the multiplayer options and change you character there then type splitscreen 0 in the console and now its single player again.

First off, you spelled first wrong :P . Anyway, it says in this forum's description, and I quote
Editing Forum's Title said:
This forum is for the discussion of editing Sonic Robo Blast 2 and for questions related to it.

Anyway, I get how this works now. Apperently I'm not supposed to restart it, lol... Even though it instructs me to when I do it on command thingie.

Stupidity aside, this can be locked now.

It's for questions related to editing, as in creating WADs. So yes, topic move'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back